We had some fun coloring and dyeing eggs on Thursday night.
JA wasn't too sure about it all at first but he really got into it (his poor eggs didn't stand a chance of remaining crack free!)
On Friday morning I set a new running record for myself and ran 11kms with my running partners!! That is the furthest I have run to date. We are excited for our 12km race in the mountains in the middle of May.
We had a fabulous Easter dinner with my family on Friday night. Sadly I had one grouchy little boy that evening and didn't get many pics. He did snap out of his bad mood the moment we went outside and went to the park with the cousins!
We had just too much fun on Saturday. We went to the local old Fort for the third year in a row and took in the Easter celebrations that they put on. It once again did not disappoint in the least.
There was face painting.
A petting Zoo
Eggs to hunt for
Tons of Family Fun
The best part really was just getting out and having endless space to run after such a long winter! I am sure we will be back again next year.
When we got home we made a delicious turkey dinner at our house for T's family and some fantastic friends.
After dinner the kids all had just the best time searching for eggs in our soggy backyard. I love a fun evening with family and friends.
The Easter Bunny of course made a stop at our house last night and the kids were more than excited to look through their baskets (even the tooth brushes that he left were met with excitement!).
I had the best intentions of making some Easter treats for my little munchkins in nursery but procrastinated until this morning (good thing for afternoon church). When 11:30am rolled around and I was still in my PJ's trying to ice dozens of bunny sugar cookies I enlisted T's help (the kids pulled up chairs to "help" as well).
It didn't take long before I found my "helpers" like this!
After some wonderful reminders, at church, of what we are really celebrating this Easter season it turned out to be just the perfect weekend.
Happy Easter Friends!
I love holiday weekends when you get to spend lots of time with family! Looks like you guys had a great time :)
ReplyDeleteLove.
ReplyDeleteGood times at your place! Way to go on your run! I, unfortunately, let my running go into hibernation mode over the winter, so I'm kind of back to square one. BUT, I know I CAN do it now, so I've just got to make myself get back into it. :) Thanks for being such a great example!!
ReplyDelete