Sunday, May 1, 2011

Head. Is. Spinning.

Today at church I was sustained as the new Primary President.........um, yikes! To say I am a little overwhelmed by this one would be an understatement. I think the biggest shock is that I still feel like I am 16 years old and not nearly old enough to be the President of anything!
We have a HUGE primary but I lucked out and have some amazing people to work with. I have never really been in primary more than a few months (besides the many years in nursery) so this should be one large learning curve. It is going to take lots of prayer, faith and hard work to pull this one off. I guess I wouldn't want life to be boring!

13 comments:

  1. You'll be a great Primary President! I'm considering going to family ward while I'm home for the summer, and hinting at being put into primary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You'll do an awesome job! I would love to be a kid in your Primary. You're so creative that everyone will be in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! What lucky kids -- best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you should be worried at all Sheri. You will do great as Primary President, in fact when I read that my first thought was "that's not too shocking"! Those kids and their parents are so lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being in a Primary Prsidency was one of my favorite callings, I was a couselor with an amazing president (just like you will be). The kids are so appreciative and accepting of the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the club. I've been president for almost a year now. Before that, I was secretary and president, so I've been in for 3.5years. I don't see an end in sight for me. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. make that secretary and counsellor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember, you are not required to "do it all". There are lots of us here to lighten your load. I am excited to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheri, I honestly couldn't think of a better person to be Primary President! You will be fantastic! Just look at your preschool classes! I look forward to them with mixed emotions- giddy for ideas and cute things and overwhelmed that you have such creativity, patience and perfect planning! I don't know how you do it with 2 little kids!! But you will do great, especially with some good councellors and HF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, and I just read the Melons post, I'm glad you are ok. what a wake up call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to do a fabulous job!! Being in primary is truly the best. I love it and really miss all the sweet children I got to serve. And I have to say I've been catching up on your blog today and scary what you just went through. Glad everything is okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are meant for ths calling Sherri! Me and Cindy were talking about how perfect you will be and how we are glad your in that calling so now we can get ideas for you! hehe, good luck, you don't need it tho!

    ReplyDelete