I came across this fun idea here to make some adorable tie t-shirts. They were so quick and easy to make (and cheap since we just used shirts we had on hand)!
The kids and I put our shirts on and made a special breakfast for T. When we went and woke him up he was pretty surprised to see us all "wearing" ties just for him. We of course made a shirt for him to wear as well. I have a hunch that he loved it!
We had a great breakfast and gave Daddy some beautiful cards and presents.
We tried to get the kids to take a picture of the two of us; these two actually kind of turned out pretty decent minus the angel..........lol.
I felt bad because I had to run off to an early church meeting and leave T to get everyone to church on his own but they made it (and only 15 mins late ;) AL gave Daddy the best present when she sang "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" in church with the junior primary. She sang her heart out and it was just too cute!
After church we headed to my parent's house and had a little Father's Day BBQ. Poor Grandpa had to BBQ in the rain but he was all smiles trying out his new BBQ and barely even noticed the rain.
I made some cute little ties for our root beer bottles ("TIE-riffic Dad")
and I made a few mustaches just for fun.
A fun time was had by all.
I feel incredibly blessed to have been raised by such an amazing father that continues to be there for me without hesitation with his love and words of wisdom. My children are two of the luckiest kids in the world to have such an amazing father who loves and supports them with all of his heart and soul.
Happy Father's Day!
Inspiration for next year
I had a little FB share of Father's Day ideas with a few friends. Check out all the fun things they were making for the Father's in their lives, here, here and here.
Oh man, reading this makes me really feel like I fell off the FD bandwagon.
ReplyDeleteWhoops! I guess that's what happens when the brain is fried and trying to scrape itself back together. HAHA.
lol! It was a non-stop rainy week so I had way too much time on my hands.
ReplyDelete