I tried to keep things fairly unstructured but I did have a few ideas planned.
First of all I had the girls work on some coffee filter butterflies. This is such an easy and fun craft for any age (heck, I had fun doing one too). The kids colored their filter paper (dollar store purchase) with washable markers and then sprayed them with a water bottle and then left them to dry. By the end of the play date we were able to scrunch them up to form wings and secure it with a pipe cleaner. I then gave them each a clothes pin with eyes on it for the body. They turned out super cute!
The kids played for a bit and then they helped me make chocolate chip cookies. They all pulled a chair up to the counter and helped me add all of the ingredients to the mixer. I gave them each a bowl of dough and we shaped the dough into balls (highly entertaining with a bunch of preschoolers trying to figure out the right size to make them) and placed them on baking sheets. The best part was eating them of course!
The kids had lots of time to play. Since our basement is under construction and that is usually where the majority of the toys are kept I brought a bunch into the living room.
This pic is for any of you who might be under the very false impression that my house is usually nice and tidy!
The kids had fun building forts out of the couch cushions and playing with princesses and castles. The dog tried on some great eye wear.
AL sang and drew at the easel all at the same time (serious talent!).
It was so nice to just have a relaxed play date that didn't take any time for me to plan! (Especially with all the rain)
I love the butterflies. T made one at a school thing and she still has it hanging in her window like, 7 months later. Such a fun craft.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. Ill have to remember that for when I have a little girl play date!
ReplyDeletecute little butterflies!! It's nice that you're still doing play dates...gives the kiddies something fun to do during the week.
ReplyDelete