Thursday, June 2, 2011

U2

Last night we got the chance to watch U2 in concert (thanks C&J for the tics). In one word it was AMAZING! I seriously loved every minute of it.
The Fray opened for them and I seriously loved loved loved them too.
The concert was outdoors and we lucked out with only a few moments of rain drops (at which point Bono broke into singing "I'm singing in the rain!"). I wasn't sure how entertaining it would be since the stadium is just so huge but they blew me away with their show. 62,000 fans (young and old) sure does make for some high energy. It was fun to get out on a date with my favorite man, listen to some of my favorite songs, dance and let loose for a bit!!!

Checking out the stage

Wearing red shirts at U2's request (anything for Bono)

They had some pretty eye opening stats on the big screen between shows (the stats on abortions rose every second......insane)

The Fray

Some of the amazing light effects for U2 (it got better and better as the night went on)

Bundled up by the end of it

Can't wait to do it again!!! (After my hearing returns of course)

3 comments:

  1. Look at that gorgeous long hair you're sporting! And I heard it was like 47 semis to bring it all together. WOW. Another friend also went and posted a pic of her directly under that middle spaceship-looking thing. Something about Bono sweating on her. HAHAHA! Glad you guys had a rockin' time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the U2 concert they had in '97 there -- SO awesome. Glad you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun. I love concerts. I havent been in forever. Nothing like a bit of crowd surfing. :) I'm glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete