Today my sweet baby boy turned 2 1/2! It is really hard to believe that he is already this old; I wish I could just slow down time a bit.
I always try to make sure our half birthday celebrations are kept low key. I was going to hang some balloons for the birthday boy to wake up to but I had a hunch he would love coming down to a bin full of balloons on the living room floor. The balloons were met with the hugest squeal of excitement! He spent a lot of time through out the day throwing the balloons around, rolling on them and whacking them with a fly swatter (don't worry, it is a clean swatter I use for a pointer in primary); they were a hit.
With Thomas starting a new job last week we got to reselect our health benefits so I figured I better take the kids in to have their eyes tested to make sure we didn't need higher benefits in that department!
Grandma is an optician and the kids love going to her work. They got all decked out in preparation for their visit with old frames she has given them.
JA gets super nervous about doctors and new places but he did so great getting his eyes checked; he only had one tense moment when he first sat down in the big chair but he settled quickly. AL was a perfect patient and we are in the clear with great vision for this year!
AL had a great time baking her "Buddy" a half birthday cake (one 9 inch round cake cut in half and stacked)while he napped.
JA loved licking the beaters clean after his nap (ignore his not so manly bib)
We spent some time riding bikes outside and then when Daddy came home we headed out for a Mc-dinner and then a stop at the Dollar Store to let JA pick out a toy. Naturally he picked out a car!
When we got home we sang "Happy Birthday" to our Buddy. He seriously loved it and did a great job blowing out his candles.
Before I could cut him a piece of cake he had grabbed his spoon and dove right into the cake....lol!
It was a fun day for sure. I love making ordinary days a little more fun!
At 2 1/2 JA is:
- OBSESSED with cars, trucks, diggers, really anything with wheels. He can usually be found with a car in hand
- starting to make some progress in the speech department. He is in the midst of speech therapy but over the past few weeks his vocabulary has really exploded (let's hope it continues at this rate)
- one small little guy. He weighs in today at 25lbs (4 lbs gained in the last year and a half) and is about the size of most of his 18 mth old friends (or smaller!)
- a big tease! This little guy loves to tease his sister by taking something of hers (it is usually something she isn't even using like a shoe from the closet), dangling it in front of her and running off laughing while she chases him!
- still very shy. He takes a long time to warm up to new people and places.
-in love with his sister. He loves to play with her, copy her and be right by her side
- Curious George's #1 fan!
- a huge fan of riding his tricycle up and down the sidewalk and all over the house at lightening fast speed
- is the sweetest little boy that loves to cuddle and smother me with his wet kisses! We love our little JA and feel blessed to have him in our family.
I love your half birthday celebrations. I should try to be more organized and do them for my kids! Your little man is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that picture of little JA with the glasses on. That is hilarious!! what a cutie!!
ReplyDeleteFun, fun, fun! Miss T also has the same shirt :)
ReplyDeleteI love the 1/2 birthday fun. You think of everything.
ReplyDeleteOh he's adorable! And such a fun 1/2 birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1/2 birthday! It looked like a fun day.
ReplyDelete