Wednesday, July 20, 2011

20 Minute Challenge

Today was the 27th anniversary of the Running Room. To celebrate they hold a 20 minute challenge. We signed up our little family (it's free and you get a great hat too)! The idea behind it is to get out and moving; there was everything from running groups at a variety of paces to walking groups (young and old). We got on the tail end of the fastest running group with the kids in the stroller. I will admit that it was a FAST pace but it was so fun to get out in a group and challenge myself a bit (I was just glad not to be pushing the stroller......thanks Honey). We had just the best time running with in a sea of bright orange hats. The kids loved it. AL always want to go running with me so she thought the whole thing was pretty great. We will be signing up next year for sure.


(And Yes, my kids are eating little bags of candy! Nothing like a "nutritious" bag of candy to keep kids entertained while running..........Mother of the Year right here)

4 comments:

  1. I used to give my kids candy while I ran too. FUnny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cool. Remember, I'm still in for the New Year's Freeze Ure Buns Off Run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm counting on it Kara! I'll remind you when to sign up since it sells out quick.

    ReplyDelete