You hang out in your P.J's all day and do a little painting and cookie baking.
You serve up some fancy dishes in your restaurant.
You "help" your Dad finish drywalling the garage.
Admire the colors in the yard and sneak raspberries and peas from the garden.
After a couple days the rain slowed down and my cold settled down a bit just in time to get out on a romantic date with my favorite man! We have made a huge effort to hire a babysitter once a month (and get grandparents for a second date if we are lucky) and it has been soooooooo worth it.
We headed downtown to an East Indian Restaurant for dinner. It was AMAZING!
(T was "thrilled" that I wanted to take his pic while he polished off some butter chicken and naan bread......lol)
After dinner we headed over to the Legislative grounds and walked around for a while.
We headed out for dessert at a place called "Twisted Yogurt" (highly delicious) and then perused Chapters for a while and picked up a new book (The Help). I just love nights out to reconnect and enjoy each others company (sans kids) every once in a while!
The sun finally made its appearance so we thought we would take advantage of it! We ate breakfast outside and filled the pool for the first time this summer (Hard to believe it is almost August?!?!) and then left it to warm in the sun. After church we ate dinner outside and the kids had the best evening splashing in the water. I just love time with our little family!!
How have you been spending your summer????
FUN! I love how beautiful your flowers turned out. Mine look like they are about to give out on me. Also I love Indian Food too!
ReplyDeleteAs to your question about how we are spending our summer, I feel like we are wasting our summer away but this weekend we are planning on going to explore saskatchewan for the first time and hit up our first lake here! We also just bought Boston a little baby pool and put him in that this week!