T's family are big on having reunions pretty much every August long weekend. We haven't been to all of them but the ones that we have been to have been huge and well attended (I guess that is what happens when you have such a big family).
I honestly didn't hear much about this reunion until the week before (my first clue) but we decided to pack up and go to it so we could see T's 93 year old Grandpa and his Dad.
Long story short; when we arrived at the town hall in Cherry Grove we realized that this reunion was going to be a bit different then expected. T's Grandpa was there, 8 of his 9 children, us, T's brother, wife and 6 kids and only a few others! As it turned out there wasn't anything planned other than the food. I made a quick stop at Walmart and loaded up on sidewalk chalk, bubbles, balls, playdoh, markers, paper, etc to help entertain the kids! (Thank goodness there was a park behind the hall to play at)
On Saturday afternoon we escaped the town hall and headed to the beach in Cold Lake. We lucked out because there were some town festivities going on which included bouncy houses, balloon animals, face painting, snow cones, etc. The kids couldn't have been happier! All I have to say after my attempt to go swimming is that Cold Lake is COLD (duh).
Despite the weekend being completely different than expected we had a great time visiting with the family that we wanted to spend time with the most. AL had just the BEST time playing with her cousins whom we have missed since they moved away in the fall.
A few pics:
Playing ball with Grandpa's dog
Hotel Sleeping
Cousin S and some chalk time
Park time visits
Lunch time
Flower face paint and flower balloon bracelet
Snow cones and deep thoughts
Boat rides
The H Men (T, JA, T's Dad, a distant relative, T's Grandpa)
A picture of a picture (take a close look at T.....#99 on the right hand side!) I love you Honey, but what are you wearing?!?!?!
Cousins
Hooray for family time.
I totally know what you mean. I still have to finish blogging about our trip! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Thank goodness for Walmart and finding some fun things for the kiddies to do! :)
ReplyDelete