We had tried swimming lessons through the fall last year, with both kids in a parent and tot class with T and I and to say the least I wasn't a huge fan of it (amazing the difference a fantastic instructor can make). I was a bit intimidated with the idea of going every day for two weeks but the kids had a blast and I just couldn't get over the amazing progress the kids made in such a short period of time. We will for sure do it every summer that way. It sure makes a difference when you can just arrive at the pool dressed in swim suits and I could even leave in my wet suit and track pants to just make the whole change room time minimal (hooray for hot weather).
T was able to come and watch one day and took a few pics.
AL loved her class, especially doing back floats. She kept telling me I could just drop her off at the pool and just drive away......haha!
JA was super hesitant to even get in the water and relax a bit the first class but he got over it so quickly and by mid week even started blowing bubbles in the water! He absolutely loved jumping in the water off the pool edge with zero fear BUT there was no way I could convince him that back floats were a great idea in the entire 2 weeks.
The kids proudly showed me their report cards and badges after their last class.
We have decided to make it a goal to go for family swims at least every other weekend through the winter and then we will be all ready to start again next spring (hopefully un-parented...wink)! Great work AL and JA.
looks like the kids had a great time! We love swimming lessons!!
ReplyDeleteI too was nervous about the everyday thing for 2 weeks, but also found we loved it! Sooo much easier in the summer, we came and went in our suits, I was lucky enough to have all three in unparented and so I have 30min to myself and just enjoy watching them from afar! For sure a summer must do! Glad to hear it was great for your family too!
ReplyDelete