Monday, September 5, 2011

Corn Maze - Double Take

We have been having a fabulous long weekend. We enjoyed a gorgeous hike with the kids, through the river valley on Saturday afternoon and then a great date later that night. Sunday always feels like one of the busiest/exhausting days of the week (although I am certain it is supposed to be a day of "rest")so it is always a treat to have an extra day added onto the weekend!
T actually has the entire week off but is committed to working hard on the basement for most of it. After he spent a good chunk of time working away we headed to the Corn Maze for the first time ever.
We had so much fun. They had the hugest "pillow jump", corn train ride, bike track, petting zoo, etc to make the maze that much more fun. We spent a couple of hours enjoying all the festivities and completed the 1st out of 2 phases of the maze but it was pretty HOT and busy and the kids were exhausted by the end and we ended up carrying them often. We headed home for a few hours and then decided we might as well go back for the evening and enjoy our day pass to the fullest. T's sister came with us and we had the best evening, the crowds were completely gone, the air was nice and cool and the kids were full of life and loved running through the maze deciding what direction we would go next (let me tell you that you sure do go in circles when 2 and 3 year olds are directing you........lol). I managed to charge my camera battery (which had died the moment we got there earlier) and caught a few pics when we went back for a double take.




{ think every Dad I saw on these cars was having even more fun then the kids!}

3 comments:

  1. GO Karts are totally for the Dads! Looks like a great adventure for all of you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the corn maze that you can go twice in one day??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I'm not brave enough to go with my family because I get so frustrated when I get lost in the maze. I'd probably teach my kids a few new words when I got lost.

    ReplyDelete