Yesterday my dear friend and I headed out of town and met up with my sister and a couple other great girls. We checked into our hotel and then went out for a delicious dinner. There is something that makes a meal extra tasty when you don't have to help feed anyone else at the same time!
After our dinner settled we headed over to a gorgeous park to embark on our first ever 10km night race. The race ran a 5km loop (x2)through the park and was set along a beautiful little lake and tree lined paths. Gorgeous.
The race was put on by Energizer battery and all racers were required to wear a head light. At first I thought it was kind of a silly idea in this land of the night skies but being just a little further south and having the race start at 9:30 pm I can tell you that I sure was grateful for that head light cause it was DARK (especially the second half).
The race took in about 1500 people running both the 5km or 10km. We couldn't have asked for a more surreal setting. Hundreds of head lights dancing in the dark, glow sticks galore, the pink glow of the sun setting over the lake as we started, the full moon and even a shooting star. Perfection.
I seriously LOVED this run and can't wait to sign up again next year. Thanks for the memories ladies.
A pic from the local paper
Trying on our lights at the hotel
The ladies
Just about race time
Great job, Sherri! It sounds like a fabulous race... Maybe I should get my butt running again and come next year?? :)
ReplyDeleteWow!! Great job!! I'm so impressed :)
ReplyDelete