Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Keeping Busy in January

I have been the hugest slacker with taking pictures this month (I am pretty sure that not feeling well has played a big part in that). I was just looking back at the pictures I did take and wanted to document a few.
We have had the craziest weather this month. We enjoyed some glorious weeks of temperatures above freezing through December and into January.
One warm January day we had the best time at the park.




My dear friend that moved away last month came for quick trip to do some repairs on their house and so T and I took their kids for the day. We headed to the mall and had so much fun at the bowling alley. Sadly 4 toddlers and bowling didn't give me a chance to get the camera out. AL kept asking to go bowling again and when we were at the store last week she spotted a bowling set she thought she would love. Luckily for her I had bought it months ago on sale and had planned to give it to them for Christmas, but decided to save it for a winter day at the last minute. The have had so much fun with it ever since!
I decided to sign my kids up for 5 weeks of bi-weekly swimming lessons to kill time while T would be at school. (Now of course he is home and able to come watch on his way home from work). I knew the moment I signed up for January lessons I would jinx our amazing winter weather. Sure enough, the first day of lessons were 10C and then by our third class the windchill was -44C. JA is in a parented class so I get the joy of the cold pool water and even colder walk back to the car after.......lol the things we do for our children. The kids LOVE it though and burn off some serious energy.
I was spoiled with a great date night with T for my birthday earlier this month and then a much needed girls dinner out with my dear friend LF to celebrate as well. So fun.

Last night I signed my "baby" Boy up for preschool for the fall........where does the time go?!?! JA and I have loved having so much fun together while AL has been at school. He has become a great shopping partner, much to his father's horror I am sure. I couldn't resist today when we were out shopping for a baby gift and JA spotted a "Cars 2" shirt that he wanted so badly (good thing I had a gift card). He had to put it on the moment we got home and gather all his "Cars" cars to play with!
January hasn't been overly exciting but I am sure loving the simple things that make the days enjoyable. Sure do love my little family. We are off to play in the snow in the yard and once again enjoy the above freezing temps!

2 comments:

  1. This could have totally been us this month. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MUCH FUN!!! yeah...that's a lot to be doing with your poor preggo self. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete