First off I want to thank you all for the overwhelming love and support that came with the announcement of expecting baby #3.
I thought I would give a little back info and an update for those who are interested (those who aren't, I will catch you on the next post ;)
Deciding to have another baby is not a decision we made lightly. There was a lot of thought, prayer, inquiries with my doctor, time and stress that went into the decision. My last pregnancy and delivery was anything but ideal (8cm placenta tear, thin cervix, bed rest, prolapse cord, emergency c-section, intubation, cut bladder, catheter at home for weeks as a short version). I am not even lieing when I say that I had some serious post traumatic stress after it all!
After lots of discussion with my doctor that assured me that there is no guarantee that I will have a repeat of any of the problems in the past (just higher risk) and of course a couple years of spending a lot of energy getting myself mentally and physically ready to try again we decided to go for it. I half expected I would get pregnant right away since it took so much time to decide but of course the fertility issues of the past were a problem again. After 9-10 months and no luck I went to get a referral for fertility treatments again. While waiting the couple months for a fertility doctor to contact me we managed to get pregnant (something about taking the stress away must have helped).
So far things are going much better this time around. My placenta is still holding strong so that is a huge plus! I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and things were pretty good (just minor tearing). At my family doctor's office last week I heard a good strong heart beat.
Today we had our first OB prenatal appointment and had another strong heart beat (160)! I scheduled a c-section to avoid any complications that delivery brings because clearly my body just wasn't made for giving birth. My doctor is also pretty confident in his ability to avoid cutting my bladder again. I was concerned I may need surgery to stitch my cervix shut (TMI I know) but he is just going to monitor it and worst case I will end up on bed rest but at least this time I won't have an infant to take care of at the same time. I have been banned from running (boo) and lifting my children (sorry JA) and really anything else that is strain inducing.
I am finally starting to feel slightly better then I was the first month or so and hopefully I will be Diclectin free sooner then later.
I will keep you posted on how things progress and continue to work on not stressing out about things that are out of my control!
Glad to hear things are going well. We are excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I had no idea it was so difficult the last time. That's sucky!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying that things go better this time.
I'm very happy for you, of course!
That all sounds INTENSE! I really hope that you have an easier time this go-round. I love when people get pregnant after they have had to put in lots of time and... effort... It just seems extra special.
ReplyDeleteWow you really do have a horror delivery story! Good for! I'm do excited you have #3 coming and I hope everything continues to go in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteOh, Sheri, I had no idea things were so awful for you in the past. I'll keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteso excited for you guys, but sad to hear that you had so many troubles!! The sentence "My doctor is also pretty confident in his ability to avoid cutting my bladder again" what the heck?? Did he make a mistake?
ReplyDeletelol Sarah! The last one was such a rush c-section they put me to sleep, didn't scrub in or count instruments (they x-rayed after to see if they left anything in me;) and in the rush he cut my bladder which is a common risk with c-sections especially when dealing with the scar tissue from the last one. He is going to go in much higher this time and avoid the area all together!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are going good. It's so scary! All the best :)
ReplyDelete