My energy has been severly lacking (let's just say that December was a ROUGH month) but every once in a while I have had a tiny bit to spare! I suppose I should use it to clean my filthy house but that isn't any fun.
Today while AL was at preschool JA and I decided to bake some cookies. AL is always a good helper and JA is always really good at sampling ;)
My wonderful sister is just so crafty (the irony is that she HATED crafts when we were younger). She recently got a scroll saw and has been so busy putting it to good use. On the weekend she had me over to make this adorable Valentine's Day garland (I can't wait to string it up across my fireplace).
First she cut us some hearts out of MDF and then we painted them red and pink. We roughed up the edges with sand paper, modge podged on some paper and then attached them with wire. We then tore up some strips of fabric and tied those onto the wire. I just need to add some twine on the ends to lengthen it enough to hang it across the mantel. So cute!
Over the holidays we were purusing Pinterest looking at other wooden crafts and I came across a cute idea. I was pretty surprised when my sister has whipped it up for me for my birthday! (she also gave me a string of white lights to add to the branches that I will pop on during the holidays)
Last but not least on the crafty list is what I would consider one of the best Christmas gifts we bought this year, Light Brite! AL has spent countless hours creating beautiful pictures. I am not going to lie, I have loved it too (brings back so many memories)!
(ignore the blurry pic......she always insists on taking it into the bathroom where it is super dark to display her creations)
Stay tuned for another adorable Valentine's Day craft brought to me by my lovely sister.
Hopefully my energy will make an appearance again and the sickness will leave and I can get super crafty AND have a clean house ;)
I love the garland!! so cute! Sounds like your sis is pretty crafty, i'll be on the watch for ideas to steal :D
ReplyDeletewhen you get tired of your crafty crafts save them for me at your garage sale.
ReplyDeleteLove the garland!! Super cute!! It's always fun having a craft day...and really how else do people ever get anything done if they don't take the time like that??? haha!!
ReplyDelete