Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Reflections

I had a little request for a new post. I have had a few ideas floating around in my head but it has kind of been a blah kind of week. Nothing too exciting has been happening and with a little pregnancy induced insomnia, a cold and a husband working very long/late hours every day I haven't had any extra energy!

A few reflections for you:

1. This is going to sound VAIN but I'm going to say in anyway at risk of drawing attention to my flaws. Do you ever make a larger purchase that you love love and love for years to come? (Believe me, I have had a few of the opposites too). Anway, as I was looking through years of old pics in order to compile my previous anniversary post I was struck with a realization (besides the fact that I am the luckiest girl to be married to such an amazing man)...........here comes the vain part.......I LOVE the results of my Invisalign braces. Seriously a purchase that I love every time I look in the mirror or see pictures. The benefits of having a jaw that doesn't lock, a bite that lines up and a lack of extreme jaw and head pain from grinding my teeth at night are pretty great too. I still glady wear my braces every night now and will for the rest of my life with a smile on my face. (Don't judge me too harshly ;)

2. I am so grateful for inspriation and guidance as I serve in my calling in primary at church. A STRESSFUL situation climaxed on Sunday night. I won't go into details but there were a lot of people and strong emotions involved. Can I just tell you how grateful I am for the inspiration I had for dealing with it. Let me tell you pregnancy hormones and exhaustion could have made things way worse! Good to know that help is only a prayer away.

3. My little Buddy has been giving me a run for my money. I got some great advice from friends and family for some more creative solutions since I am a bit limited with not being able to pick him up. I have been making a HUGE effort to focus on the positive and give him tons and tons of praise and be more attentive to him.

This morning I was in a rush trying to get the dishwasher unloaded before we had to run out and JA instantly noticed the water that was accumulating in the door of the dishwasher off a few items. He ran and grabbed a pile of cars to play "car wash" with. I realized I had two choices, I could close the dishwasher or aid in his fun and encourage his imagination. I had a sink full of bubbles for the items I was hand washing and scooped him out handfuls of bubbles to add to his car wash. A simple thing but something I need to do more often.

4. Baby #3 is 18+ weeks and seems to be doing well. I have gained a couple more pounds so I am hoping that means baby is growing well! We have our ultrasound on Monday and I can't wait to find out what we are having so I can start getting things ready. I honestly don't care either way if it is a boy or girl, all I want is a healthy and strong baby. My guess is leaning towards it being a girl. Time to place your guesses.........what do you think it is???
Stay tuned for a post on Monday (hopefully this is a cooperative little one)

7 comments:

  1. See? Real life. And it's interesting. Good!!!!!!!!!!! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am betting on a ..... hmmm I really don't know what to pick! I just hope that everything is doing ok with your little bambino! Can't wait till Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like James has a thing for Cars cars. :) so does Zach. We should have a get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say boy! as for the post i really don't think caring about your teeth is vain. I actually think i need to get real braces again- suck but i want perfect teeth! hope everything settles down in the calling and there is less stress! i'm excited to hear what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved the ultrasounds and the excitement of knowing what the baby was going to be!! I'll guess girl (just cause I have no idea at all)!! It was fun reading you different reflections...I need to do that sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, girl!

    thats not vain, and I'm getting those too! in a few years likely, but I am totally getting them!
    Good luck with the calling! Glad pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No judging for the braces thing....you have a beautiful smile. It's okay to think so.

    Wonderful inspired mommy moment. I need to take advantage of those too.

    As for the baby....I say.....boy....or girl. :) I hope I'm right, either way. :)

    ReplyDelete