I have been missing a few things like crazy lately:
1. Running - I miss the endorphines, the stress release and the alone time to just pound the pavement and take deep breathes of fresh air. I already knew that running was beneficial to me but I am discovering that it really does make me a better mom by giving me some "me time" and allowing me to relieve any kid induced stress from the day. I have been doing a lot of deep breathing and trying to take moments to relax through the day as I parent!
2. Good Friends - I have been missing having someone to run with, visit with, laugh with, have play dates with and just find support in. I need to make a bigger effort to put myself out their and initiate and strengthen the friendships I do have and develop friendships with those I have recently met.
3. A good night's sleep - I am a stomach sleeper and struggle to sleep well any other way. It is sad to think that I am missing out on sleep for something so silly because just months from now I will never get the chance to get a good night's sleep!!!
I have been loving a few things like crazy too:
1. Baby boy cuteness - I spent some time yesterday digging through and organizing all of JA's baby clothes to see what we have and what we might need. There was a lot of cuteness in those boxes! I love how baby clothes seem to remain in a state of still looking brand new. JA was a December baby so there are for sure some cozy winter sweaters this baby boy won't get to wear but it was fun to take a look anyway.
2. AL's reaction to all these boys - I thought it would be fun to bring the kids along for the ultrasound to help make it all seem a bit more real for them. Poor T was a trooper and waited over an hour with the kids in the waiting room (wouldn't you know it, I got a student tech and it took FOREVER). I had been asking AL what she thought the baby's gender would be and she kept insisting she didn't know and didn't care. The moment the tech showed them a pair of tiny feet and then scanned up the baby's legs to the bottom which revealed some "boy parts" AL knew exactly what that meant and exclaimed, "Oh man, I wanted a sister!'. She then assured me all day it was okay because I would just have another baby right away and it would be a sister. (Poor girl is out of luck on that one). She is getting pretty excited now for a brother after the initial shock.
3. Baby kicks - I love the reassuring feel of my baby boy growing strong. AL was pretty lucky this morning and got to feel a few kicks too (Daddy hasn't even felt any yet)!
What have you been loving or missing lately?
Good list. I've been missing the freedom of flip flops, t shirts and just walking out the door. And my Utah family. But we don't think about that too much or depression!
ReplyDeleteI miss running with you! It's just not the same running my myself!
ReplyDeleteI miss you! I'm glad I can still snoop your blog for updates but it's not the same as chats. Let's plan something ASAP!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving my chubby baby. Missing more than 2hours uninterrupted sleep.
ReplyDeleteLoving spending more time with my kidlets and trying not to yell. Missing using my brain in a different way at work and feeling all my university trained skills dissappearing.
You look great...just so you know :) and little AL is going to be a great helper!! I'm loving smash right now!! I don't normally watch a lot of tv, but it's sometimes nice to watch something while you're working away on projects.
ReplyDelete