Monday, April 16, 2012

Quiet Book

Way back in the fall I took part in a Quiet Book Exchange group. It was a ton of work and we all worked out tails off to get our pages ready for the big exchange. The moment it was over I switched gears and put all my focus on planning birthday parties for the kids. I had great intentions of getting the book assembled for Christmas but baby #3 came into the picture and doing anything other then laying on the couch was all I had energy for.
Thanks to a nice burst of "nesting" energy this week I finally got it done. The kids are so excited about it and can't wait until church next Sunday when I will finally let them play with it.
I didn't do anything fancy with the cover because I honestly just wanted to get it done but down the road I may add a title onto the cover. I used binder rings (2 sets) so that I can easily divide the book in half and give each child part of the book to use at the same time.
Here is a look at the final product. (There is one other set of pages that still need to go in, it is magnetic and so I am just trying to swap out the magnets with ones that hold a little stronger so we don't lose any of the adorable pieces in our travels).
The kids favorite page at first glance
The ark zips open and contains little plastic animal toys
The barn doors open and contain the cutest animal finger puppets
The pocket holds a pad of paper and pencil to write letters to put in the mail box. The other page has a tithing slip in the envelope and 10 coins in the pocket and a slot in the piggie bank!
Joseph and his coat of many colors. The temple.
A dog with collar. Mr.Potato Head and then the backside has all the pieces to make a Mrs.Potato Head.
(sorry, I can't get this pic to load the right way for some reason)

I am so in love with how it all turned out. So much cuteness!

The nesting energy has seen me through a few other projects this past week. More crafty posts to come.

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable!! We had one when we were little that my aunt had made and it was our favorite! Everyone did such a cute job :)

    ReplyDelete