Sunday, June 24, 2012

The BIG 4-0!

So here's the "scoop" - my darling husband has a big birthday coming up on July 10th but with baby boy due to arrive the following week I figured I better age T a few weeks prematurely and have a little celebration in June.  An ice cream party seemed like the perfect way to celebrate and keep things some what simple in my large state.  The weather couldn't have been more gorgeous yesterday and made for the perfect setting for a backyard party!  (I will admit that my little toes looked more like sausages though by the time I got it all set up in the heat).
We invited a handful of friends over with their children (we will do a little family dinner closer to the actual real birthday).  We set up the kid pool in the backyard, borrowed a bubble machine, brought out the chalkboard and sidewalk chalk and attempted to hang balloons and streamers from the fence but the wind had other ideas and tore those up in seconds!  The kids had a blast playing for hours (including a water fight over the fence with the neighbors).
The men seemed to hover around the food in the house, enjoying a little kids free evening......lol.

I made a cake that looked like a dropped icecream cone, had waffle bowls, icecream and every topping one could hope for to go on top.  I tried to keep the decorations to a minimum but  T still teased me about decorating his party like a kids party; I guess I just can't help myself ;) 

I did a terrible job at taking pics during the party but here is a little look:

The cake
 A photo collage
 "40 Rocks"






Party time

A little ice cream break

Singing Happy Birthday

Making a wish

We had a great evening.   Happy birthday to my almost 40 year old!!!!

3 comments:

  1. how fun! happy birthday to Mr. T.

    Mr. T. A team. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fun!! Good job on all of it!! The cake is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great cake! i was wondering if you meant the big 40 weeks or his bday!

    ReplyDelete