Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Heat Wave

We are in the midst of a heat wave and I have been struggling to say the least!  Any other summer I would be loving it but being huge and pregnant has made me a bit miserable, especially come 2am when I am sitting in the kitchen with my feet in a bucket of ice water without a minute of actual sleep accomplished.

Today was however a much better day then yesterday (getting more then 3 hrs of sleep total sure can make a big difference) so there is hope I will survive the next 6 days.  I keep joking that I might actually prefer to go into labor just so I can enoy the A/C at the hospital!  (As much as I joke about that though I feel like it will be more then a blessing if I can just go for my scheduled date and avoid the life and death drama of the last two deliveries)

Inspite of the heat there are still things we are loving:

1. A Grandma and Grandpa that are more then happy to let the kids and I invade their house while they are at work so we can enjoy their A/C. 

2. Our new "wiggle" sprinkler (I have been enjoying it as much as the kids)
3. A wonderful Daddy that makes lasting memories having backyard campouts with the kids (even if it takes telling stories until it gets dark out for them to actually fall asleep!)

4. Frozen bottles of water to snuggle my feet up with in bed when I am way too hot and to help me keep my sanity while melting in the heat and humidy of the pool deck during AL's daily lessons.

5. A hard working husband that puts in countless hours to make sure that we can live such a wonderful life and allows me the complete luxury of staying home with our children.  A man who values life long learning and education.  (He just had a graduation ceremony at the university a couple weeks back for completing his MDP diploma/ management development program. He managed to get the 6 year government program completed in 3!)

6. Good friends who will lend a listening ear when exhaustion and hormones feel like they are taking over!






2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Trials!!!!!!

    Just keep swimming....what do we do....we swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I had forgotten about frozen water bottles! This weather has certainly been difficult, I really would not be a very happy prego person after weeks of this. Glad you're finding some relief. Congrats to Thomas- that's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete