Baby W is now over 5 weeks old and I have decided I need to get my butt in gear so I can actually have some clothes to wear once the warm weather disapears! (Note to self: Don't get pregnant after spending a couple years at your skinniest because your clothes won't stand a chance of fitting afterwards)
Over the past couple years I was running on a very regular basis and burning calories like crazy, some runs saw 800-1000 calories burned. In turn I then ate whatever I wanted and didn't have any problems. Once I got pregnant I wasn't able to exercise at all due to past complications but I seemed to carry on eating the same way I had when I was. I gained a good 40 lbs with this little guy and joke that Baby W is half Slurpee ;)
I decided not to nurse this time around (a topic for a different post perhaps but lets just say my mental sanity is 100% stronger this time around because of it) so my weight loss post baby is not speeding along and pretty much hasn't budged since the first week and a half after giving birth. I still have a good 15-20lbs that I would love to say good bye to and quickly!
Since I am still recovering from my c-section I have been trying to focus most of my energy on creating a healthy balanced eating plan (a healthy 1-2 lb loss/week). I am allowed to resume exercise after 6 weeks but in my past experience I know it will be several months before running is even an option so I will just start with walking and then work up to other lower impact activities like aquafit and spin class.
I have just discovered the myfitnesspal.com to use as a guide and then I am just trying to become really aware and conscious of my calorie intake, portion sizes, snacking and water consumption.
I wouldn't want to do something like this without making it a little more fun so I have managed to convince my husband and my sister to join me is setting some weightloss goals and then rewards at various points in our journey! Once we get the details ironed out I will fill you in on the plan.
Wish me luck. Running has been the best thing for me as a parent (a huge stress reliever and patience builder)...............can't wait to get back at it because the colicky phase that Baby W is in would have me running miles on end if I could!
Good thing he is cute.
Best wishes in your journey. I too lost weight before this last baby so it's been an adjustment that the weight hasn't melted off. I've still got about 10lbs to go, we'll see if they come off.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMyfitnesspal worked great for Rachel -- I am sure it will work for you too! Good luck! You look great by the way! ;)
ReplyDeleteat least you a got a plan! you sound like you're doing great. Hopefully recovery comes speeding and you can get back to running soon
ReplyDeleteI need to start thinking of my plan!! With Boston I was told the weight will just fall off while nursing... Ya NO! I gained weight after he was born. Thanks for the inspiration. I just need to be able to stand and then maybe I will be able to think about the future!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I still don't believe you have 15-20 on you...maybe like FIVE....seriously. You look really good, but I know how it feels to want to be what you once were. Props to you for making smart choices!
ReplyDeleteI hate the post baby still have to wear maternity pants phase!! You will be there in no time with smart choices like that! Way to go! I still have a good 8-10 pounds to lose since Lexi, but its stubborn and won't go away! I work out, but I don't eat so great... I'm really trying to do better so we can be each other's motivation too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the support! After the first 2 weeks I am down 4lbs and it is getting easier every day to make good choices. T came home and told me how he walked away from cupcakes at work today.......nice work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kara for the compliment, I wish that was the case.