Saturday, August 11, 2012

This and That

I have sat down and attempted to blog this week but can't get my thoughts together (thank you baaby brain) but I have a "bored" friend in need of a blog update.........this post is for you my lovely K.S.!

1. Products I am loving - with Baby W being our third child we were not in need of much for him.  My Mom bought him two gifts that have become just my favorite baby products so I might as well share with all of you too!  We are in love with his swaddle blankets from here.  They are light weight cotton perfect for summer and are nice and big, perect for swaddling my little man for sleep time.
The other thing that we are loving are these adorable soothers.  At first I was super skeptical of them but am more then sold.  The toy attached to them gives the perfect weight to keep them in baby's mouth on its own.  Love them!



2. Karma - Sometimes life has a way of paying  you back.  Years ago before I had children on the move I had the "genius" idea of purchasing Moon Sand for my sister's boys for Christmas.  Long story short they opened one of the packages and hated it because it made a huge mess in the house.  They actually gave me back the second package!  Being the smart Mom I am I decided to leave it for summer time and let my kids play with it outside to avoid the mess.  I forgot about it for a couple years and then the kids discovered it this week.  They had a blast playing with it on the back yard table for days.  On Wednesday Daddy headed out to get his hair cut and I was home with all 3 kids.  Things were going well and I decided to give the baby a bath in the kitchen while JA played on the deck with the sand.  Suddenly I looked up to discover that JA had brought all of his toy cars inside that he had been driving through the sand.  The bright green sand was all over my area rug and JA was frantically trying to "clean it" up with a towel rubbing it into the rug.  Off white rug plus green sand = a very green rug.  Poor T came home after being gone for an hour and had orders to grab the shop vac to clean the back deck of all that horrid moon sand and the steam cleaner for the rug.  Needless to say I was more then paid back for ever giving Moon Sand to my nephews ;)  (Not going to lie, moments like that stress me out about caring for 3 kids on my own now that Daddy is back to work........lol)


3. Impromptu reunion with T's family - on Monday of the long weekend we had a bit of a large family gathering.  T's brother, wife and 6 kids were planning to come over for lunch and a visit but before we knew it more and more family seemed to be coming to town or had been invited as well.  I was starting to feel a bit daunted at the thought of having 2 dozen + people in my home just two weeks post surgery so I quickly made arrangments for us to meet at a neighborhood spray park and thanks to pinterest tossed hotdogs in the crock pot for an easy lunch.  It was HOT to say the least but I think that everyone had a good time visiting and playing.  It was the first time in a dozen years that T's Mom and brothers had all been together and the first time ever that all of his siblings had been together (some are half and step siblings from both his mom and dad).





4. Sibling Love - I love that my children love each other.  I can't lay Baby W on the floor without his siblings gravitating towards him to "entertain" him.  JA and AL can't get enough of each other.  It makes it all worth it!
                                          
                                          (police man and police dog)
5. Spoiled - T finally returned to work on Thursday after spoiling us with his non stop help for 3 weeks.  We went to visit his work at lunch and were beyond spoiled by his employees with gifts for baby W.  Tonight one of T's Co-workers who has become like a member of the family stopped by and showered all 3 of our children with gifts (it was like Christmas morning)!  The children had so much fun.
I have been beyond touched by how spoiled I have been with meals, baking, help, visits and gifts from family, friends and neighbors.  I can't even begin to tell you how much it has meant to me.  I have barely had the opportunity to even have to prepare a meal because we have been so well taken care of.  I feel like I have been surrounded by angels and feel so very blessed to be so loved.  Thank you my dear friends.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for me!!!! lol.

    Good call on the family park visit. Very good.

    Moon sand. I won't say anything more.

    And I just love that last picture of your three kiddos. So tender.

    P.S. I've had the aden + Anais site up for a few days now perusing their collection....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those muslin blankets! They are my very favorite baby product! I should try out those soothers; I admit I am a bit skeptical too, but if you love them so much, then it's worth a shot. And baby W is such a CUTE baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your blog! Your kiddies look so big next to that sweet baby of yours ;) Glad you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it mommy! There are going to be PLENTY of times you will want to pull your hair out. But you are strong...and you will handle it well. That's when the baby goes to his crib for a few minutes...the other kids get cleaned up and re-directed to a less messy form of entertainment (we prefer the TV...ha ha) and you just sit down and eat something chocolatey yum yum while you have a good cry. Then you clean it up.

    Hang in there. Your kiddos are so precious. I LOVE pics of them. :)

    ReplyDelete