Friday, August 3, 2012

Adjusting

It has been just over two weeks and we are all starting to adjust a bit more to our new family.  Baby W has really been a dream.  For some reason the third baby is just so much easier; I am just way more relaxed and sure of what I am doing.  Knowing he is my last baby has really made me soak in each moment that I have with him because I know just how fast he will grow up.

One thing that has taken us by a bit more of a surprise is how hard the adjustment has been for JA and AL.  They love their brother to bits but we have seen our share of temper tantrums these past couple weeks which used to be very rare.  JA started coming in our room 1-4 times a night and fighting to get in our bed or have us come to his.  We finally moved JA into AL's room and the past 3 nights have been blissfully quiet.  I love how much these 2 kids love each other.

T goes back to work mid week next week which I am sure will bring a new level of adjustment.
Every day things seem to settle down more and more as we mold ourselves into a family of 5. 

A few highlights of the week:

Watching the ice cream maker make some fresh peach ice cream

Bonding time

Our resident princess
 A joint temper tantrum when their "mean mom" turned off the computer for fighting ;)

Brothers
 Lots of painting and art
 Decorating cupcakes
Sleeping


5 comments:

  1. You got one! YAY! I saw the same make as us at costco the other day and totally thought of you. p.s. twisted yogurt in SP was sooo yummy and i feel a renewed inspiration to make more frozen yogurt creations.

    btw, love the tantrum picture. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was T's father's day gift........best purchase ever!! T and I laughed so hard as we took pics of the temper tantrum; too funny (you gotta laugh or you will just go crazy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad JA is sleeping better in ALs room. Your new little man is so cute. I laughed a little at the joint tantrum because i've seem that in my house a little!
    thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the tantrum pic because I know exactly what that feels like, but I laughed even harder when you said that the third baby was the easiest! BA. HA. HA! Not so in the Wolff household, but I as SO glad that little Weston is being so good for you! He is so tiny next to your other two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad things are settling in well for you. #3 was definitely NOT the easiest for me so I'm happy to see someone making the adjustment alright.

    Hang in there with the tantrums. They'll get better sooner than later, as long as you stay consistent (even if it means pulling the nursing baby off to take care of some kind of discipline).

    ReplyDelete