Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Fit Back Into My Pants" Update

It has now been a month on my "fit back into my pants" plan.  With tons of hard work and self control I have hit the 7lbs down mark!  Hooray.  I love seeing progress every week.
Myfitnesspal.com has really become my life line in it all.  I am an organized/planner type of person and I LOVE being able to track everything I eat and all the exercise I do.  It just works for me.

I am not going to lie, there have been some hard days and moments (ie.children melting down and wanting to just dive into the chocolate) but it is becoming so much easier every day.  We are really spending more time thinking through our meal choices and portion sizes.  Lots of lean protiens and wide varieties of veggies and fruits and minimal carbs.  Quinoa even made it to our dinner table this week for the first time.....yum!  Unhealthy/high calorie night time snacking is becoming a thing of the past.

My husband is doing great too.  He is walking away from the tables of treats that always seem to be set out at work and dropping the pounds.  Nice work T!

My body is starting to heal from surgery and each week I am able to move more.  We are enjoying evening walks with the kids and long trips to the zoo and other local attractions this month are starting to leave me with less and less pain.  This week I even hopped back on the elliptical.  I am aiming for 3 mornings a week and just taking it slow and steady so that I don't over do it and reverse the healing process.  It's hard but feels so good.

On a side note I have some new favorite pants to plug!  One word, Jeggings.  I bought a couple pairs (Calvin Klein at Costco of all places) and love love love them.  As comfy as sweat pants and so easy going on my incision and their stretch sure does suck in all the extra rolls. 

Stay tuned for next months update.  Anyone else want to join in the fun?!?!?  The more the merrier.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like your plan is working, that's awesome! It sounds like I need to make a trip to Costco and see if we have those jeggings at ours right now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Lady! I love it when things work out how you planned them. I also like myfitnesspal.com. It's great and has helped my sister (who loves to track as well) lose almost 100lbs. YEP! Keep it up. You are going awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go!!!! After Lexi, I lost 18 pounds with myfitnesspal- that thing is awesome! I'm prettybird24 if you want to add me. I'm trying so hard to lose 10 pounds- it isn't working but at least my pants are feeling better! inches is just as good I guess. I need to try some jeggings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adding you for sure Jess! Jeggings are $24.99 at Costco......what a deal ;)

    ReplyDelete