Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Kitty Party

Yesterday my sweet little AL turned 5 years old! She has been planning her party since the day after she turned 4 years old. Every week she had a different idea of what she wanted. She is quite the party planner and decided on a "Purple and green kitty party". The cake needed to be a chocolate cat with a purple collar. I tried my best to accomodate! (Although I am super aware that the cake is pretty ugly........she loved it though).  Here is a look at how it all turned out.

The invitations:
"Join us for the Purr-fect party as we celebrate AL's 5th birthday!
We'll have a paws-itively great time.
Pounce on over to our Kitty house (our address).

Give us a meow if you can make it"
(our phone #)

The decorations:
I lucked out with the fact that with Halloween around the corner there are lots of black and even some purple cats in the store.  Needless to say my halloween decor now contains a lot more cats!  I strung up some fun little banners across the windows and fireplace and made some tissue pom poms and some pinwheel paper cats to hang.  There were also balloons and streamers in the basement.

 If you look closely you can see the sparkly purple twings I found to add to the twigs we have.
I made place cards for each child using the same cat as the invitation.  I was super excited when I went to the Dollar Store and came across sparkly purple cat masks so I grabbed one for each child as well.

The Party:
We started off the party by having the kids made their own cat collar.  They strung Fruit Loops to make the collar and then we added a silver paper tag.  Each child came up with their own cat name.  The names were pretty hilarious (Kitty, Chloe, Elizabeth, Whiskers, Fuzzy, Ozzy and Julie).


Once they were officially turned into cats they practised their cat meows and sampled some kitty snacks. (Kitty Whiskers - licorice strings, Kitty treats - gummy fish and Cat Chow - chocolate cereal)

Cats are great at catching mice so they went to the basement on a mouse hunt in search of lots of these guys.

 Once they found them they exchanged them for one of these guys!

They LOVED this game and took turns hiding the mice (I am sure I will be finding mice for months to come).  While some of them hid the mice others played a game of "Feed the kitty" with bean bag fish I made out of little socks.


We then set to work on making kitty chocolates (and a few pumpkins too because they came in the same set of molds).  The kids painted their chocolate molds with colored chocolate melts.  Once they set we filled the rest with milk chocolate and an oreo cookie.  They turned out so cute and each child took theirs home in their goody bag.

 I forgot to take a pic of them before the kids left so these are just a couple of the remaining ones.
The little kitty cats headed outside to bounce on the bouncer that our amazing neighbors let us use again (4th time in a row).
It was then time to take a crack at the pinata.  AL is determined she wants to be a rock star when she grows up so she picked this guitar pinata!

A special guest came to the party just as we were finishing up the pinata.  My sister in law was so sweet and brought her Cat L.J to visit!  What a hit.

After the cat was chased around the house, pet a million times and given way too many treats it was cake time.  (ignore the cake)

We played a game of "kitty toy on the spoon" (a cat toy ball with a bell in it) and opened presents with the good old spin the bottle.


 
 
The party was a huge sucess based on all the smiles!  AL had so much fun and can't wait to do it all again next year.  We sure do love you AL.  Thanks to everyone that made AL's day so special.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Hilarious! You have so many fun ideas. It looks like a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many great ideas! I would have been proud if I'd made that cake, lol. I bet Miss A was in heaven with all that cat stuff. I hate cats, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come to my house and plan and put on my kids parties? You are AMAZING!!! What a fun mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awsome at parties!! Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! Love those ideas. I wish I was your little girl. :) And.... your cake is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could seriously go into business at a party planner! Looks like you had one happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really should be a professional party planner!! wow!! way to go! It all looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. um funnest party ever! if this is what kids are expecting nowadays, i am in trouble. looks like a blast! and i thought the cake looked awesome :)

    ReplyDelete