Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Fit Back into my Pants Plan - 2mth update

Another month has passed and I am happy to report that my "fat pants" are starting to feel too big, I am constantly having to pull them up during the day!  With tons of hard work, planning and zero cheating I am now down 13lbs.  Feels good.
Myfitnesspal.com has seriously been the secret.  I track all the calories I eat and stick within my daily goals and it seems to work.  I love the support that comes from other friends on the program as well.
Join in the fun if you aren't already.
Meal planning takes a lot of thought but the longer we do it the easier it is getting.  T is down 10lbs as well ( that is just from cutting out snacks and having healthier meals at home but zero tracking or exercise).  Over Thanksgiving weekend we had back to back turkey dinners (one at our place and another at my parents).  I took a few minutes to work out portion sizes and calories earlier in the day and managed to enjoy a delicious meal, feel full, stay within my daily calories and still drop a pound after the weekend. 
About 5-6 weeks ago I started back on the elliptical and even went on a run.  After a month of increasing times and intensity my knee injury (IT band) that I sustained from running last fall came back pretty quick.  Darn.  That hasn't stopped me though.  I got a membership for the pool and having been swimming laps for 45-60 mins several times a week.  What an awesome workout!  I haven't swam laps since I was in my early teens in swim lessons but each time I go I start to improve more and more.  I just have to remind myself not to be intimidated by all the super amazing swimmers in the pool. I seriously love to quiet time that comes in the water, so great.
Stay tuned for another update in a month.  6-7 more pounds to go!

6 comments:

  1. I used to be in competitive swimming and we would see all the mom's come to swim early in the morning. Truthfully, no one ever noticed how fast or slow, skilled or un skilled they were. We all just kind of wondered why someone would get there so early to swim for FUN! Keep up the amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and not cheating --- that was always my hardest challenge. I am sure you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! You are so positive and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Sheri! Swimming is so great, I don't know if I could get through a full lap anymore, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go! i'll have to remember swimming after I am done cooking number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo! Way to go Sheri! That's awesome.

    If you haven't noticed I've been M.I.A. from my fitness pal lately. Maybe some day I'll join you. :)

    Until then...happy losing lady!

    ReplyDelete