We wouldn't want life to be boring around here so onto new adventures for us!
I'm not sure if I have found myself in search of a new "project" now that my weightloss goal has been met but I have found a good way to fill my spare time (not sure if I actually have any of that....lol). I started toying around with the idea of running a day home but I knew I could only love it on a part time basis so that I don't ever feel trapped at home and can still get lots of things done out of the house. I wasn't sure what would happen but I posted an ad and got several responses and waited until I found the ideal situation. Starting tomorrow we will be looking after a 3 yr old boy and his 4 yr old sister every other weekish (Dad works 6 days on and 6 off out of town so he will take them when home). We met them all today and they seemed so sweet. I am hoping for the best!
I wouldn't want to just "babysit" so I mapped us out a daily schedule filled with preschool programming in the mornings and other activities in the afternoon. AL can't wait to "play school" tomorrow morning. It should be fun and help me afford a few unforseen trips coming up this year (BBF's wedding and a family trip for Grandpa's 60th).
Our next adventure has been in the works for the last few years. We have been toying with the idea of moving to a neighboring community on and off. It is a beautiful subdivision filled with cute homes and a private beach/lake. We have loved every opportunity we have had to visit the beach with friends in the summer months. They have tennis courts, paddle boats, canoes, fishing, playgrounds, ice rinks, basket ball courts and picnic areas. We love it.
We finally bit the bullet and signed our lives away this weekend. Our new home should be completed for September, hopefully in time for school to start.
Here is a look at our very empty lot.
This pic is from our lot looking towards the cul de sac. If you look closely you can see the new school right in the middle of the pic. We are so excited that we are just a very short walk to the brand new school yard.
Now it is time for the fun and stress of making all of our interior color choices. This is going to be our forever home (at least while the kids are home) which makes me so happy. It will be so nice to have a bit more space.
This year is going to be crazy and busy but I know we will have lots of fun with our new adventures! Stay tuned for updates.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is very exciting! Can't wait to see all your choices too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like lots of changes coming your way :)...and such fun ones!!! Good luck with all the house choices and have so much fun with the day home! You would seriously be the best at that!
ReplyDeleteI was noticing all your dayhome pins on facebook and thinking to myself, those are some lucky kids! I'd send myself to your dayhome if I could! Haha! Yay for a new house with more room for those growing kids of yours! It's so great that you'll be so close to the school, especially in winter when really, who wants to deal with pick-up and drop-off in the snow? Can't wait to see what you end up choosing, that's going to be so fun for you!
ReplyDeleteHoly Moly...you just can't sit still, can you? He he he! I hope you have a good time enjoying all your new adventures!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting -- I hope the house building goes quickly and without too much stress. Congrats as well on meeting your weight loss goal! You're amazing! --Melissa A
ReplyDelete