I am just in the midst of de-halloweening our house; I love that feeling but we sure did enjoy ourselves this week.
I did a terrible job at taking pics sadly but I managed to snag a few. Here are the highlights:
On Friday night we lucked out big time. Our friends gave us tickets to join them at a private halloween party at the indoor rides at the enormous mall here. The kids had a complete blast. Here is a pic that accurately displays what a gong show it really is to get a pic of them all ready to party!
On saturday AL was invited to her friends costume birthday party. She could not be convinced to wear one of her fairy or princess costumes. She was determined she was wearing her "police dog" costume and she decided to convert it into a fairy dog by adding wings and bows. Did I mention that the costume is probably a size 2T ?!?!
I should have taken a pic!
Every Halloween my sister has a little party at her house. The kids trick or treat and then we enjoy a table of yummy treats and a few games. They just recently moved to an acerage which isn't too great for trick or treating so we moved the party to our house.
In preparation for the party the kids and I made some chocolates on a stick using the halloween molds from AL's party.
We took the easy route this year and bought the "Mr.Potato Head" style pieces to decorate our pumpkins. I knew my sister and her kids would bring their jack-o-lanterns so this worked out perfectly (no mess).
The tape.......oh the tape! This little turkey decided to stick tape to his head. As it turned out it was the stickiest tape known to man. It took over an hour late last night and a lot of tears and a bit of a hair cut to get it off. It finally dawned on me to try the "blue liquid" that comes in my waxing kit that takes off the sticky residue, it worked like a charm (but man he was sore).
AL and JA both enjoyed costume parties at school. (I don't miss teaching school on days like Halloween and Valentines day ;)
My Halloween cuties. I love that tiger!
We had a festive dinner right before our party and tried out Mummy dogs, they were a hit!
I even dressed up this year and broke out of my 12 year witch tradition. Mary Poppins!
It was beyond COLD. We have never had cold weather with kids. It was snowing "ice pellets" and the wind was strong with a -16 windchill. We had adorable little snow suit trick or treaters. AL managed to squeeze her crown over her toque!
We had 20 people at our little party and it was a blast! I made hot chocolate in the crock pot (thank you Pinterest), we had a table of yummy desserts and appetizers and tons of fun. I sadly didn't snap more then one pic of Unlce M and Baby W while everyone else was trick or treating.
I had a bunch of games planned (donuts on a string, halloween bingo, Twister) and we didn't even do them. The kids had so much fun watching halloween movies, eating treats and playing. It was the perfect night (even if they didn't fall asleep until close to midnight............good thing for afternoon school)!
I hope you all had a happy halloween too!
i love it aLL!!!!!!!! 12 years, hey? lol. I;m going on 5 and decided not to last night. lol.
ReplyDeleteOkay, maybe only 11 years now that I think about.......I recall a different costume in YSA BUT I have been a witch for way too long. Next year I will have to branch out even more.
ReplyDeletelove all your costumes! your costume is wicked!
ReplyDelete