Sickness has finally left our house and we have been enjoying ourselves the past week or so. It is amazing how much lovely family time one misses out on when you are desperate to crawl back in bed or wasting away hours waiting to see a doctor!
1. We took a little trip to the Science Centre last weekend and the kids loved every minute of it. We stayed almost 5 hours which was shocking to me and the kids didn't want to leave and have begged to go back every day since!
2. I actually sorted through 9 folders/months of photos on my computer and ordered prints. That is thousands and thousands of pictures narrowed down to a couple hundred. We love cuddling up and
flipping through our photo albums together and we love when Costco has prints for 9 cents!
3. My Mom always spoils us on our birthday and lets us request whatever we want for dinner and dessert on the Sunday. She made my traditional birthday request (an oriental stir fry pasta and spring rolls). I am not much of a cake fan (gasp, I know) so this year I requested a little pie party........mmmm banana cream and lemon meringue!
4. We have been LOVING some crazy warm weather. Plus 8 in January?!?!? That never happens. We have been walking back and forth to school, the driveway and deck were actually completely shoveled and bare and we were even able to build some sweet snow houses! (It snowed last night .....I should have take a pic of my driveway and all its beauty yesterday)
5. AL has a new little assignment every couple weeks to find something in the house that starts with a certain letter and then to write a few sentences about it, draw a picture and present it to the class. Her letter was "C". It took two mornings to work on it but she got it done and should be presenting it right now to her class. She worked so hard to make sure her letters were perfect and took so much pride in her work (a little OCD in the making just like her Momma ;)
6. My brother lives pretty much on the other side of the country from us. He has a super lovely girlfriend but with the distance I feel like I have missed out on some of my sisterly duties.................thank goodness for the internet! I dug out some of his baby pics and sent them her way. (wink)
7. I came down from tucking in JA and AL and found these two passed out together. I couldn't resist taking a pic!
8. We had a visit from JA's "dream team" of specialists the other day. They are truly a blessing and then some. We got another diagnosis to add to the others. It is amazing how well they know him and understand him. Pretty sure I might need to dedicate a post entirely to the wonderfulness that they are and the advice they have given.
Overall, a pretty laid back start to the month but we are loving it. Being healthy and spending time together is where it is at!!!
great updates!
ReplyDelete