I am on a serious mission.............a mission to organize, de-junk and stage our house in order to sell it in just over a month. I had a lovely friend (who also happens to be a professional organizer with serious skills in the interior design department as well) come over and give me some tips before Christmas. I will admit that I could have died of humiliation as I let her look inside all of my closets and cupboards; there is a reason those doors are always closed!!!
I have been slowly plugging away at my huge to do list and made some more great progress this weekend. I just wish I had taken before pics. Our bedroom closets have been cleaned out and have matching hangers, our hall closet now contains a fraction of what it did and has lovely wooden hangers, our linen closet (that had exploded) has half its contents on route to good will and is all neatly folded with a few baskets as well, my storage bins of holiday decor have all been sorted through and de-junked too. I took a few pics of our big projects this weekend. I tackled my kitchen cupboards (lots of donation items there) and then the pantry. My friend suggested these white Sterilite containers. Love the way it turned out! (I could barely walk into it before). So glad that all these organization tools can easily come with me to my new house.
My laundry "room" is a closet in the main floor bathroom. I cleaned it up big time and then got some bins to house the many bottles of cleaners, light bulbs, kleenex etc. I also finally bought myself a cleaning caddy to carry around the supplies I use to clean the bathrooms. Wish I would have done that years ago instead of trying to juggle all my cleaners and cloths in my arms!
Our new house will have an official laundry room on the 2nd floor so I have been busy "pinning" ideas on how to get that room super organized. Can't wait! It is amazing what bins, containers and baskets can do to make a space look great.
On to more organizing and cleaning tomorrow and then some painting this weekend.
Aaaahhhhh......
ReplyDeleteI love a newly organized space. Way to go chica!
oh how this makes me happy. for you and for me.
ReplyDeletelook'n good!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! I'm proud of you ;)
ReplyDelete