Monday, February 4, 2013

Quote of the Day

Two weeks without blogging...........sad.  My sister borrowed my camera lense 3 weeks ago and I just got it back.  Hooray!  There is hope that I might have some fun blog posts in the near future.

For now, here were a couple note worthy conversations from yesterday.

Miss.AL has some serious opinions about what she wears and often sounds like a teenager when it comes to clothing battles.  I pick my battles and don't give too much opinion to what she is wearing but sometimes I just need to win ;)
I bought her a new dress for church and laid it out on Saturday night for her.  It is black with a pink band/ribbon around the waist with pink and white daisies all over the bottom few inches.  AL started to tell me that she didn't want to wear it because she would prefer if it had roses on it.  In the course of our conversation I heard these lines from her:

AL: "Mom I am so mad!  I am allergic to you and I am allergic to beautiful dresses" 

I won and she looked beautiful on Sunday in her new dress and little white sweater.  During sacrament meeting at church she was drawing on her magnadoodle pad and passed it to me.  A drawing of a daisy with an huge X through it.  Heaven help me when she is 13 years old!

Last night JA kind of melted my heart. 

JA: "Mom, I don't think I want to grow up and be a policeman like Unlce S.  I think I want to be a little boy forver and stay with you"

Sigh

5 comments:

  1. Aren't girls fun?! In our house, Kalea doesn't care what it is as long as it's a dress, she would wear them all day every day, with Brynlee, totally different story. She gets mad if I toss her the wrong socks, must be wearing the right panties, and the Sunday before Christmas we had an epic battle over which sweater she was going to wear with her new dress. Heaven help us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny and also too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...haha!! hilarious!! I love the things kids say...even when it makes me want to pull my hair out. haha! Soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. My comment accidentally got deleted because I was just trying to correct my bad spelling. What I was going to say is that I thought AL's "I'm allergic to you..." line was hilarious. It's kind of diplomatic, though, don't you think?

    (I'll bet you're wondering which of those words I spelled incorrectly the first time. ;)

    ReplyDelete