Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day

As I mentioned in my previous blog post we were spoiled spending Christmas on my sister's acerage.  We had grand plans of skating and sledding and enjoying the outdoors on Christmas Day but mother nature had different plans in the form of -30 temps!
We revised our plans and decided to aim for a New Years day brunch followed by skating on the pond and sledding.  Today Mother nature spoiled us with 2 degrees above freezing! 
We had so much fun.  I just have to say that brunch may just be my favorite meal ;)


My kids have never skated before and were so excited to buy skates (thanks Uncle V for the gift).  Before we went to the store to buy skates AL was showing us all of the twirls she would be doing while skating.  The moment she stood on her skates at the store she asked, "Are all skates wobbley?"!
The kids had a ton of fun and did really well considering it was their first go.  Their cousins were only on the ice for the second time in their lives so there was a lot of learning going on....lol.
The pond at my sister's place made for the perfect setting!



 Baby W was a trooper and filled the air with squeals of delight watching the kids skate from my arms.
By the time we packed up and I dragged him back in the sled he was less then impressed (read that as crying pretty hard).  I decided to toss him in the Bjorn and then the two of us headed off to meet up with the rest of the gang at the sledding hill.  He was asleep within a minute and stayed that way the entire time.  Sadly I couldn't carry the camera and a 20 lb load through a field of deep snow and up and huge sledding hill so no pics.  The kids had an absolute blast flying down the hill with their cousins.  Nothing beats the smiles of pure delight, rosey cheeks and exhaustion at the end of a good day!  The perfect start to a new year.

4 comments:

  1. RAD! What a fun outing! I LOVE HER HOUSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I should take a little photo tour next time I visit and email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids want to learn to skate. Too bad neither Brett or I know how! We are bad, bad Canadians!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! How cool is that to have your very own pond to enjoy. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete