I have some pretty blue eyes and T has gorgeous brown eyes. Both AL and JA have taken after their father. JA has beautiful dark brown eyes and AL has a lighter brown. (J snapped this pic while I was laying low this weekend but it gives you an iea of what I mean)
Now don't get me wrong, I love me some brown eyes but when Baby W was born (the last baby for this family) I was kind of excited to see his grey eyes settle into a beautiful blue.
Over the last couple months however we have literally watched the blue run right out of his eyes. It is like watching blue water color slide onto the whites of his pupils. The more the blue runs out the more brown settles in. I am starting to realize the brown eyes are going to rule this house ;) Good thing they are so cute.
(If you look real close you can see a new tooth on this squeaky clean baby)
awh. he is just so cute. and i love that first picture. rad.
ReplyDeleteI guess that proves what they taught us in Bio30 about blue eyes being a recessive gene and brown being dominant... Now you have to make sure that your kids marry other brown eyes so the recessive gene can come out in your grandkids! LOL
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate! My kids do NOT look like me. In some ways I love it- I do love their father after all. But in other ways i just wish they would grab on to some of my genetic coding and let a little bit of me show through their adorable little faces.
ReplyDeleteRegardless, your kids are lovely (like their mother).