Sunday, April 21, 2013

Angry Birds Party

This past weekend my nephew celebrated his 8th birthday.  Way back in January my sister asked me if I would be interested in planning an Angry Birds party for him and his friends (she knows I have a weakness for party planning).  I of course jumped on board but as the party drew closer I realized we were in trouble.  Our house sold and we had to move out the night before the party.  To say that my attention was needed else where would be an understatement!  My sister and I combined our ideas and laid out a plan for a party of 14 kids and she ordered some great supplies online!
The party went off without a hitch and here is a little look at it (in case you ever find yourself in need of a few).  My sister really put in all the hard work and I just showed up for the fun!

*Warning lots of pics*  (I still maintain that having a friend/relative come to take pics of your kids party is the best thing ever so you can save the memories)

These birds were hanging all over the house

An activity to keep kids busy as they arrived

Frist clue on a scavenger hunt

The birds at the end of the hunt

The kids took turns tossing their birds and once it landed in a bucket they kept it

The kids put on bird masks and headed out in the freezing cold in search of golden eggs
The birthday boy

A partial group shot

Home made sling shots with hooks from the dollar store


The kids shot their birds at cups stacked with pigs on them


Their prize to add to their bucket

The birthday boy took pics with each of his friends to use for thank you cards

Pin the tail on the bird

The kids answered questions about the birthday boy in order to give him their gift

punch

My sister is always so smart and orders a plain white cake from Costco and then decorates it!

Angry Birds Bingo and cheerios for markers
Such a fun day and I was so glad I could be apart of it.   Next year when life is more settled I promise to plan the party on my own ;)

4 comments:

  1. That Costco cake idea is GENIUS! Looks like it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! You always plan the best parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fantastic party! Love!

    ReplyDelete