Friday, May 3, 2013

Sidney By the Sea

We had a flight credit that we needed to use up last December and so I lucked out and got to book a quick getaway weekend to go and visit one of my besties in BEAUTIFUL "Sidney By The Sea" last weekend.  The timing was a little funny (due to not realizing we would be homeless when I booked it) but T was a trooper and looked after the kids at my parents place while I was gone. 
With our never ending winter it was just what I needed.  The scenery is AMAZING and the smell when you step our the door is REJUVINATING!
I only took a few pics with my phone camera and am kicking myself for not snapping a pic on the friday night when we had a little reuinion with a few of my favorite childhood girl friends; so fun to catch up!
Here are a few of the highlights:

Homeward bound

No trip is complete without stopping by the old house.  Plus it was the annual neighborhood garage sale so we had fun checking it all out!

"World Famous View".  My Dad's words everytime we drove down this road..........he is a smart man!

My grandparents grew up a block from this beach and I think we went there every visit (weekly)

Fisherman's warf in Sidney

BEST bakery ever - hasn't changed a bit since I was a little kid

Eating Empire cookies and texting my sister a pic (yup, we are mean )

Victoria Harbour
The Empress Hotel

Gorgeous flowers everywhere

Shopping down town and stopping for a traditional bear hug


Island view beach - best place to walk and think
I loved time with my oldest friend (since we were 2 yrs old), her family and most importantly I loved getting to really know her amazing husband (just newly married in March).  Can't wait for the next trip!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a small weekend getaway can do! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that you were able to get away!! It's so good to have a break and catch up with old friends :)

    ReplyDelete