Some times there just aren't the right words to describe how grateful I am to be a mother. There are moments that make me want to scream, moments I feel so very inadequate, moments I feel like I can barely keep my head above water and then amidst all of that there are moments that make my heart want to burst with love and pride, moments that are so sweet I can feel every inch of my body smiling and moments that take my breath away with their tenderness.
The best part of mother's day by far was the sweet cards and creations my children presented me with. I loved watching them bring their gifts home from school and hide them in their rooms. I loved watching JA try not to tell me what he made for the 3 days in between!
My sweet husband and children spoiled me with some extra sleep and a delicious breakfast. I laughed when I bit into my pancakes and felt a crunch (Daddy let the kids help crack the eggs......lol).
At church the primary kids got up and sang a song and all though AL had only attended primary once in the ward she was not about to miss out on singing to her Mom. (Melt)
The kids came home with these adorable papers from primary that I got a good kick out of. I was thrilled that they see me as "happy" and "fun", I often worry they might just view me as a grouch ;)
I felt more then spoiled and loved by the end of the day.





so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! Those gifts are so so sweet!
ReplyDelete