Wednesday, May 15, 2013

4 weeks down

4 weeks down and hopefully no more then 12 to go!  1/4 of the way there.  Realistically I know that lots of things can slow construction down but I am just trying to be optomistic and keeping mid August in mind ;)
Life of the "homeless" has started to settle into a routine.  Actually the children have amazed me with how quickly they transitioned with in the first week.  JA and AL are sharing a room which made me nervous but it really hasn't been an issue.  Thanks to a white noise/rain app I am sleeping better with the baby in our room (the curse of being a light sleeper).  I am sure my parents feel like their home has been taken over (because it has) but they have been nothing but loving about it.
The hardest part thus far has been the commute back and forth to school each day and then killing time in between (only 6 more weeks to go!!!).  Poor baby WR rarely gets a real nap in most days.  I kind of feel like my day is full or two extremes 1.A mad dash to feed breakfast, do dishes, bathe, get ready for school, feed a very early lunch and then 2.sit and wait...........and wait some more followed by a mad dash home to complete laundry, after school snacks, make dinner, clean house, etc etc.  I don't know how working moms do it being away from home all day!
Waiting outside JA's school after a run

WR and I get in a lot of walking, running, strolling, shopping, driving.......

The scene of diaper changes, bottles and naps

One of the hugest perks to living with my parents besides just the bond growing between them and the kids is their location to a sweet park.  Across from their driveway is a pathway that winds around some soccer and baseball fields and lands in a park.  My kids LOVE it.  They love being able to ride their bikes all the way there and I love not having to worry about how far ahead of me they are with no traffic to worry about.  We go every.single.night.



Getting some major speed on his Plasma car -as a side note what kinds of shoes do you put on your kid when they ride on their Plasma car?  JA has worn through almost 3 pairs already from riding!

Stay tuned for a few more updates on the "homeless" life!

5 comments:

  1. Life in the car. Sigh. That park looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, did you ever read that book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in my bag and I keep wanting to read it while out but I am a bit OCD about my challenge to read the BOM right now! Soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo poor thing....living out of a car all day long. Sigh....

    I'll count down with you along with my own count down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my parents built their house 20 years ago we used to go to that park too except that it was purple (we called it the barney park) and where your parents house is now there was a field full of cows that we would cross through to get there.

    ReplyDelete