Friday, August 2, 2013

Grandpa's 60th: Day 5

Sadly this was our final day.  My sister headed out the next morning first thing and my parents and brother enjoyed another two nights (I bet they loved the silence after we left......lol).

We all headed up to Malign Canyon but there was a miscommunicaiton as to where we were going to meet.  Luckily we decided to just tour the canyon with our kids and head to the lake and meet them all later.  The rest of the family spent 3 hrs hiking what they thought would be a "nice easy hike" to get to the canyon.  So glad we missed out on that and enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon swimming in Annette lake.

Malign Canyon was again amazing!








We grabbed some lunch and then spent the afternoon swimming in the most gorgeous and clear water I have ever been in.  One of the highlights of the afternoon was that baby boy who needed to have a nap when we got there, sat on the edge of the water for hrs content as could be and not once did he try to crawl away (a much needed break)!
The kids had a blast trying to catch little fish with a few other kids.
 
(just a toy but it kind of caught me by surprise at first glance)

 I could have swam here all day long.  So perfect.
 After a very long hike my exhausted family met up with us and enjoyed a swim just as a storm blew in.
After dinner we hit the road towards home and my heart hurt.  We had a truly amazing time and I am positive that every time I slip on my "Team H" hoodie I will smile!

2 comments: