Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer Snapshots

Our summer days have been full of fun, relaxation and tons of outdoor time.  The weather has been a bit hit and miss but it hasn't really slowed us down.  WR came down with tonsilitis this past long weekend and so we spent most of this week laying super low and watching too many movies.  The funny thing was that the other kids didn't seem to mind one bit, I think they enjoyed a little down time.  We are of course now ready to start enjoying a few more adventures before summer is over!

Some of the things we have been loving this summer:

Paddle boating at the park

Plasma cars

Tons of bike riding
My parents have the best neighbors with 4 kids right around my kids ages.  They are seriously so fun and they have the sweetest nany so we have spent many an hour riding bikes and playing with them too.  I swear my the kids are always yelling back and forth over the fence or from up on the decks to each other, seriously so glad to have them next door! (no pics though of course)

My parents have renters in their basement and my kids are in love with their grandchildren.  The moment they hear their voices they go running out back to play.  It has been pretty great!


The lemonade stand they set up one day


We hit up the exhibition when it came to town and put in a full 7hr day!  T and the kids had unlimited ride passes and boy did they get their fill.  At first JA wouldn't even go on any of the rides but once he warmed up to it he had a blast.  In fact by the end of the day he insisted on leaving the kid's area and riding the adult "Tilt-a-whirl" and Log ride (wishing my phone hadn't died before that).



Fish pond

Loving their prizes

I was there too!

AL is a total dare devil and thre her arms in the air any chance she got!


I think T's head was more then spinning after a few turns on this ride ;)
My girl had a super brave day and decided to get her ears pierced!  I wanted to do them when she was a baby and T wanted to wait until she was old enough to decide for herself.  She has mentioned in on and off many time this past school year and finally decided to go for it.  I'm pretty sure Daddy didn't want to see his little girl grow up so fast but I jumped at it!  She was so brave.  There were tears but for like 2 secs.  She always reminds me to clean them and never touches them.  She looks so darn cute too!


A couple mins after and all smiles!
We have had more park time this summer then any other I can remember.  We really try to leave the house most evenings after dinner to give my parents some space and on the weekends as well. 




A game of "stick ball" in the backyard

Bubbles

I've been trying not to wish away our summer but a big part of me sure just wants the next 18 days to fly by!  I am going to make a huge effort to try to just savor them a bit more.  We have made several stops down to our new house and taken a peek in the back window and things are progressing.  Basically just carpet and a few baseboards and door knobs left to install!  We can't wait to feel life get back to normal in our own space.


Back splash is in

Hardwood floors are in - Just try to envision it without the inch of sawdust on every surface ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love! LOVE! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also add that's pretty well what our kitchen looks like now and what I want for the floors (we just did a new backsplash.) Did you have wood in your last kitchen? I'm on the fence about putting it in while kids are young and food and spills are everywhere. Thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had wood floors but not in the kitchen. We had lino and that's not my love. I wanted to avoid ceramic tile in the kitchen because dishes are guaranteed to shatter if they land on it. I figure at least we can sand it down and have it refinished down the road if we want.
    Lots of people I know swear by laminate though, same look but sturdier.
    I want pics of your back splash!!!! Not sure if you can tell from the pic but we did a marble and I am sure liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still in love with your huge island. I can imagine many projects being done there!

    ReplyDelete