Having T home the week we moved in was awesome! Pretty much felt like a bit of a vacation for all the beach time and swimming. I did put him to work big time hanging curtain rods, pictures, new light fixtures, building food storage shelves, etc etc (I am the worst at those kind of things)
He is a saint of a man for all that he did.
He is now back to his crazy BUSY life of a good 55 hrs/wk gone to work and another 20 hrs/wk (or more) with grad school. We really try to treasure the hr or so a day we get together eating dinner and playing. How he does it I really don't know!
![]() |
| A nightly stroll to the beach |
I have been in love with having our own place. I missed being able to create and feeling domestic in the way you do in your own home. I was just glancing through pics and realized I am also loving having this place to relax (when I can fight the kids out of the bathroom!)
I have been working hard on putting our house together and getting unpacked and settled. I have a mighty long list of things I "want" for the house and am making a plan to get it done slowly month by month while trying not to break the bank ;)
Like I mentioned before I am terrible for hanging pics straight and centred. Usually our wall hangings might have several trial hole marks in the wall before I got it right...lol. With T back at work and obviously zero time I finally decided to tackle all the items waiting upstairs to be hung (with minimal damage to the walls). After almost 10 yrs of marriage I finally figured it out and it left me feeling pretty happy. (Thanks LF for the supportive texts and directions). Gotta love learning new tricks!
I kind of mentioned in some of my last posts that I have been doing some child care. I feel like I have found the perfect balance of childcare and "me time" and making some extra $ to buy a few things for the home and work on paying off the mortgage entirely over the next 10 yrs. I am watching a gr.2 girl before and after school 3 days a week. I love her and it is zero extra work. I am also watching a boy from AL's class (who we also know from church) everyday after school for 1 hr. He is so sweet and well behaved. One day a week I watch my friends boys for about 6 hrs (18mth old all day and 5 yr old is dropped off for the afternoon after kindergarten and they are gone before I pick up kids from school). My boys love having them over. It sounds like a lot but 4/5 school days I have the entire day to myself and thus far I have been using the one day at home to enjoy playing with the boys and getting in a bit of baking. It has been a real blessing!
Life is always busy but we are loving it! Now that I've got you all caught up on us maybe I will get out the camera and snap a few house pics since I think a few of you want a tour.




I just read your recent posts. I was nearly crying reading about poor AL!!! That is so sad! I am so glad for you and her that she is doing so much better!! I am so jealous of your community! I told Brian the only way I would move back to Edm is if we move to Summerside! I love that place, although its too bad about the school! they need two! But I do love it there with the beach and all! I miss edmonton! Your house looks lovely! that must be great to be out of your parents house. and super funny they are moving too! I thought they were true sherwood parkers! that'll be nice for your kids to have them so close! again, JEALOUS!! :)
ReplyDeleteNow that wall hanging idea is smart. Good job. SO happy you're happy! Great husband for doing things around the house :)
ReplyDeleteLove all the blog posts -- we are due for a long chat I think!! I hope everything is getting better for Alysha. It's hard when your kids are struggling. The house looks awesome -- I love that tub!!
ReplyDelete