Monday, September 23, 2013

Moving - The Finale

After 4 long months of "homelessness" we finally got the keys to our new home!!!  Happy day Happy day.
As it turned out we had a lot of stuff at my parents place and had to take a few loads to our new house.  (Good thing T packed the van and not me or it may have taken 5 trips to get it all opposed to 2.......that guy can pack like no ones business!)

Seeing our containers of belongings sitting on the road when we arrived was a very happy feeling.  I had a few nightmares about never seeing them again over the last few mths.


I had lots of intentions of taking pics as we unloaded and unpacked but we were so busy I didn't take a single one.......lol.  We got our keys at 1pm and my dear husband hired us movers he found on Kijiji for 4pm.  At 5pm when they hadn't shown up I started to worry a bit.  A million phone calls later (the guy could barely speak english and just moved to the city) T ended up driving and finding the very lost movers and they arrived at 9:15pm, it started raining at 9:16pm and our group of movers were only two men (one may have been like 65 yrs old).  My sweet friend LF and my parents had helped us unload some of our belongings while we waited which made a huge difference.  By 11:30pm we were unloaded and by 2am unpacked enough to go to sleep and deal with children in the morning.

My top priority after unpacking the kitchen was setting up the toy room enough to allow the children to play hard the next day while we unpacked.  It was like Christmas morning for them and worked like a charm ;)


 The only real down side to our moving was that a bit of water got into one of our containers (I'm guessing it happened not long before we got them back because there was thankfully no mold or mildew) but other then doing loads and loads of damp laundry and one ruined area rug we faired pretty well considering.
The weather when we moved and for weeks after was better then we had enjoyed all summer.  Needless to say we took full advantage of living in our new community.  T had the week off and we got in a ton of beach time.  We pretty much feel like we live in Vacation Land.  Kids hop on their bikes and we just cruise the 2 blocks to the beach and play.  Love love love it. 

 We did a lot of unpacking those first few days and I had to remind myself to put my feet up every once in a while cause they were hurting!
 The beach is obviously wonderful but the community itself is amazing.  I feel like we are "home"!
We have so many friends here and I love how friendly everyone is.  I love going to school every day and running into a good 20 friends, you can hardly walk down the street without running into someone we know or a classmate from school or a neighbor.  I love the sense of community. 
A few days after we moved in our friends invivted us to their 3rd annual slip and slide event a couple blocks away.  To say it was a blast was an understatement.  It was beyond fun to feel like a kid flying down that hill!  (Only baby W would argue otherwise....lol)

Much happier to snack and watch then scream the entire ride down!

The move went smoothly although it was a whirlwind and we managed to get unpacked enough for school to start just a few days later.  I think I slept better the first few nights in our new home then I had in 4mths.  It is beyong fabulous not to have our baby in our room and not to be sleeping in a double bed ;)
In a little twist of irony my parents kind of fell in love with our neighborhood too........they just bought a lot 6 houses from the lake and will be building a home over the next yr.  Gotta love that my kids will get to grown up with their grandparents only a block away.

1 comment:

  1. This whole post (except for the beginning) makes me so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!! And walking a few blocks to the beach......maybe I'll buy a lot there, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete