I kind of felt like we were stuck in a mid winter hibernation this week or I guess quarantine would be a bit closer to the truth! (We left the house everyday and I still felt stir crazy)
My poor girl finally had her turn with the stomach flu all of tuesday night and wednesday morning. Nothing makes you feel worse then watching a sick child and nothing sucks the energy out of you faster then getting an hr totalof sleep all night while taking care of said child.
My sweet husband stayed home for an extra hr in the morning so I could catch one min of sleep but sadly our house looked like a disaster zone all day. Do what you got to do some days ;)
The huge downside to doing after school care has been on days like this where I had to wake this sleeping girl, put her in a stroller with her bucket and baby on my back and walk across the school field to pick up the kids we watch (silver lining: this way the kick in the pants I needed to make sure each parent came up with a back up plan for days like this so I never have a repeat of dragging my sick kids out to get their kids ;)
My boys went a bit stir crazy with our two days home but I loved seeing them play and love each others company!
Wednesday night I only got woken up 3 times in the night which was a huge improvement over the night before leaving me feeling "refreshed" thursday. I decided to tackle some of the bare walls in the toy room. I found some cute picture frames at Superstore that are designed to slide kids art work in and out of the back. I popped in some finger paintings AL and JA did at 18mths and then AL drew us a festive pumpkin pic for the other frame. I loved seeing how excited she was to see her work on the wall.
The growth chart from my previous post will be making its way to the toy room soon along with a great quote from Dr.Suess in vinyl.
I finally let the kids pull out a few more of the halloween decorations including the cobwebs as well.
Even with a few flurries in the forecast for Sunday I am hoping that our next week feels nothing like hibernation ;) Oh and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the stomach flu doesn't find its way back into our house this year............now why can't they make a flu shot for that one?!?!?










Awh, poor babies. Your house seems to attract the flu. I'm so sorry. :( That backup plan for your outside kids sounds like a great idea.
ReplyDelete