Saturday, October 19, 2013

Six for Saturday

Week in Review - A Glance at a normal/ nothing too exciting kind of week

1.Tuesday - On Tuesdays we are home all day.  I basically babysit from 7am-5pm (long but not really bad at all).  I have our gr.2 girl before school for an hr.  Our 18mth old from 9-2:30 and his kindergarten age bro joins us in the afternoon,  the boys leave and we then have two kids after school.  T also has school from about 6-8pm this semester (really hoping that isn't the case next semester ;)

Boys soaking in a few mins of TV while I change out of my sweats!
Staying busy



Baking during naptime (OBB PB & choc chip)
 I got thrown off by Thanksgiving Monday and thought it was Monday all day.  AL wanted to prepare a FHE lesson for us all by herself.  It was all about healthy and non healthy food (with a dose of the Wof W).  It was hilarious and so cute to watch her act just like a little teacher.  (Note the green cup is a cup of "alcohol and that stuff makes you crazy like Mrs.Hannigan in Annie" ;)




2.Wednesday

A tough day.  My girl kept complaining about a sore cheek to the point of not sleeping.  My dental assistant sis checked it out on the weekend and noticed a sharp edge on one tooth cutting her.  We made a last min appt to get it sanded down (I thought).  Dentist was running way behind, I had two boys in tow and the dentist found a cavitity in the same spot.  AL was so brave and had her first experience with freezing.  I could tell she wanted to cry but she stayed strong.  When we got to the waiting room she complained her "legs wouldn't work" and sat on the couch............right before she threw up all over the waiting room!  Oh it was a rough time.  Needless to say she stayed home the rest of the day.  Hard to tell if she had a reaction to the freezing or just pent up nerves.
Before

So happy my sister was there!

3.Thursday - Cleaning Day (our floors were still hurting from the birthday party!)
So sweet when he first wakes up

This boy loves to clean.  He is such a big help!

Ahhhh CLEAN floors

4.Friday
I am embarassed to admit that I had the pieces to a cute storage chest spread over my floor for close to 2mths with out building it.  Everytime I would look at it my littlest "helper" would join me and it was game over.  I finally had a naptime with nothing pressing and got it done.  Love it.
Best part is that I got it at Target for $24 (reg $100)

Highlight of Friday was FINALLY getting to go on a date with my #1 Man.  It had been way way too long.  My parents babysat and after our baby boy was asleep we headed out for a little time together.  Loved it!

5.Saturday

AL got invited on a playdate that was supposed to take place at the park.  Plans changed and we some how ended up at Chucke Cheese this afternoon.  This was a first for AL (JA got to come too).  They loved it and my head was spinning by the end ;)
 I was in need to some retail therapy after and we headed to the mall where I found some cute boots!
Happy boy - he wasn't about to give that cup back

6.Sunday

Ok so Sunday hasn't happened yet but I have a new calling at church.  I just started teaching the 14/15 yr olds sunday school.  So far so good.  I think I'm going to like it!
 
*Incase my day to day seems too easy throw in a bunch more childcare, a lot of drop offs/pick ups at school, grocery shopping, errands, meals, dishes, bathrooms, laundry, laundry and more laundry, etc*

1 comment:

  1. great updates.....so sad about that dentist, but super blessed to have your sis there!

    ReplyDelete