Thanksgiving weekend was a super busy whirlwind with AL's birthday on saturday, hosting and cooking for T's family Sunday and then dinner with my family on Monday. It was crazy and I was a bit tired by the end of the weekend but I sure did enjoy it.
I have said this before but I am the worst at taking pics when T's family comes over. Due to life circumstances I end up making the entire dinner (and some how end up cleaning it all up too). I took the easier route (with church till 4pm) and made a delicious ham dinner complete with scalloped potatoes, cauliflower with cheese sauce, jello salad, homemade dinner rolls, peas, carrots with dill, homemade apple sauce and pumpkin pies with Costco's help ;) Kind of making me hungy thinking about it.
This was our first larger family gathering in the new house and it was so great. There was so much more room to spread out and eat at the table and island. We had a nice evening eating and visiting. An overall success. T's oldest brother also stayed with us for the weekend and it was great having the 4th bedroom/toy room on the main floor for him.
On Monday we prepared a few simple dishes and headed to my sister's house for an amazing turkey dinner. After we stuffed ourselves we took advantage of the perfect fall weather and went for a long walk and very slow quad ride in the neighboring reserve. The perfect way to make more room for dessert!
![]() |
| This guy couldn't get enough of his freedom to run! |
![]() |
| Love the big kids smile here ;) |
![]() |
| Pure happiness |
I love hearing about all the things that they are thankful for too (the very simple things in life!).
I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving surrounded by the ones that you are thankful for too.







Ahhhhh, I am in love with the extended fall season as well! It's just about perfect! One of these days we'll have to come check out your new house (and your sister's acreage if that offer is still around....)
ReplyDeleteWish we could have spent Thanksgiving with you as well, though that would really have overrun your house with our crazy bunch! I would have helped you out with dinner though!
ReplyDelete