Sunday, October 13, 2013

6 years old!

Yesterday Al turned 6 yrs old.  I congratulated T on the fact that we had survived 6 years of parenthood ;)
My little girl has a bit of a love for party planning and has pretty much talked about and planned her party for the last 365 days.  Over the last few months she knew she wanted a horse party and didn't change her mind once.  I normally love party planning a bit too much and put way too much time into it but honestly I think I finally located my craft supplies still taped shut in boxes in the basement about 2 wks ago!  I got hit hard with the stomach flu 2 wks back and it took days to recover.  I think I felt normal for a day and then got hit with the worst cold/sinus infection that has yet to leave.  I wasn't sure the party would come together but it did and AL was one happy girl.
Thankfully my mom and my horse obsessed sister came to lend a hand as well.  (I'm pretty sure my sister would like me to throw her the same party next yr for the big 38 yrs....lol)
I went super easy and bought invitations, a huge time saver!


Myself and a friend are in charge of Super saturday (a craft day at church) and toyed around with a few ruffle wreaths as a project to do.  This one is slightly different then what we decided upon and I still need to add some decor to it for my own house but for the party it worked perfect with a little ribbon and a horse!

The goodie bags were lots of fun but brown paper bags were shockingly hard to find (6 stores later)
 While unpacking my craft boxes I came across this banner from a princess party 3 yrs ago ;)
 I saw a cute idea for horse tails on pinterest and was so happy with how well they turned out!
 Lastly I made a simple pendant banner with felt, ribbon, and hot glue
 
I wanted to do a pink cake and throw a horse toy on top for the cake but Al was insistant she wanted a horse cake (she even picked the colors).  It is kind of embarassing but the little girls loved it.
 
 We had all the party girls come in their cowgirl hats to get into the fun!

 
We started off with a little wooden horse craft I found at Michaels.  Toss in some markers, glitter glue and gems and it kept them very busy!


 
Next we played a little pin the tail on the donkey horse along with a pin the jewel on the barbie (T's coworker sent the barbie game home with him on friday and AL wanted to play both!)
I had a bunch of outdoor games planned and the icy winds we had all week had me super nervous BUT we more then lucked out with zero wind and glorious sunshine!  We headed over to the school field and had a blast with some old school party games.

First up we played "Stomp the fly" and the girls had a blast.

Next up we played an egg on the spoon game but did it with sugar cubes since horses love them!
 We then had some potato sack races (had to post this pic as proof that I was there too)

T even got in on the action!

Last but not least was horse shoes.  The girls all got a "winner" ribbon pinned on them for doing such a great job.

We headed back to the house and decorated some sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles.  I loved the effort they put into their creations.


The most important part about any party for AL is the pinata so we certainly had fun with one in the basement.
 We had cake and I was impressed with how much the party guests all ate.
 AL was seriously spoiled by her friends with presents.
 The kids got in like 5 mins free play before parents came and in hind sight I wished we had planned the party for an extra half hr so they could have played longer.  I think I didn't realize just how much time and effort they would want to put into their crafts (they are growing up!)
After the party I opted to let the birthday girl pick a place  to go out to for dinner.  She was so excited when the waiters came and sang to her. 
We had such a fun day spoiling our girl and celebrating how much we love her.  She is truly a blessing and then some.

3 comments:

  1. You are seriously amazing! What a lucky girl you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like quite the party!!! Happy birthday A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much fun! What a lucky little lady.

    ReplyDelete