Over the last couple weeks (minus the few days of having a house filled with the flu) I have been in love with cooking and baking. I love love love whipping up something while WR naps in the afternoon. So nice having a yummy treats for the kids after school. Even cooking dinner has taken on a new level of fun, especially when I can get the majority of it ready while baby is down.
I'm pretty sure being on my own kitchen, knowing where everything is, the counter space and the cooler weather are all to thank. I love when it doesn't feel like a chore.
 |
| My sweet friend LF walked me through these yummy dinner rolls via text |
 |
| The cinnamon version - kids keep requesting them |
 |
| Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (a fall fave) |
The only plus side to the flu is the 5lbs that still need to find there way back giving me a great excuse to make a few more treats ;)
Yum yum yum. I just took a look at the cheesy garlic bread swirls in the first OBB cookbook and that might revive my bread baking.
ReplyDeletePs. I love your kitchen. Such a clean, sophisticated look. I've been wanting to ask you how the counter is sealed against the backsplash. If we ever do a new stove I am having a black top again. So much nicer to clean. ;) Have you ever had wood in the kitchen or dining room before? I think my family would make too much of a mess with every kind of food/liquid that it would just be a headache. THoughts??
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing...although, I'd love to have ANY excuse for more treats. :) Those look so very tasty. YUM!
ReplyDelete