Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Big kids

Over the last month or so I swear I just can't get over how much my kids have grown and how time just doesn't seem to slow down.  I have times when I wish my kids would just grow up a bit faster but this is not that time!  It might be because AL is now gone at school all day, every day or it may be because my last baby is rapidly turning into a toddler, regardless I would love to just freeze time a bit.

Everytime I look at JA I can't get over how much bigger he is.  JA loves to ride his bike.  A friend gave us their old strider bike (no pedals) and this kid learned how to fly on that thing this summer.  His balance is amazing.  Last week we started to eat dinner without T who was pretty late getting home.  I was pretty surprised to get a call from him saying that he was at a sports store just getting a bike tuned up for JA (he got sucked in big time).  The bike is a total mini version of Daddy's bike and JA couldn't have been more surprised.  It is huge and JA can't even touch the ground but after a few trips out with T he is cruising on that thing! The transition without training wheels being involved is so cool to see.


 
 WR was looking pretty shaggy this past month.  His hair is pretty darn straight and almost falling in his eyes and a constant rat's nest after bed.  I finally said good bye to his baby locks and took our little trouble maker for a hair cut.  He instantly looks older (and so much like his big bro)............sigh.




AL blows me away each day with all the things she has learned in school.  We are in full swing with nightly home reading again this year along with the new addition of practising spelling words each night (not her favorite). 


Stop growing up little ones!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awh. This makes my heart sting a little. Yes, grow up in the annoying/exhausting ways, but stay tiny and cuddle-able in your sweet innocence. To me, it's bittersweet. Sigh. Love their cute faces. Especially that school picture pose of Miss A. Ha!

    ReplyDelete