Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Happenings

Surprise, surprise............the plague holds strong another week (and counting) at our house.  We may need to live in a bubble, become hermits, home school, buy our groceries online, etc etc ....lol (kind of).
Poor baby WR was hit with a nasty cold, 6 day long fever, coughing, coughing till he pukes and more coughing, oh and waking every hr all week long and two trips to the Dr. and being assured it is just a virus.  Needless to say we were all a bit tired this week BUT Halloween still went off with a bang!

I made some fun rice krispie pumkpins for the kids for an after school snack the day before Halloween.
 AL pretty much grew up over night and went from wearing princess costumes to wanting a "scary" costume this year.  As we perused the costumes in the store she kept telling me that they weren't scary enough but when I pulled this belly dancer/genie/arabian princess costume off the rack and she heard it jingle she was sold ;) 
 She got to wear her costume all day at school and had fun getting ready with the girl we babysit.
 She practised clasping her hands, blinking and granting wishes all day!


 A side excitement to the day was getting this vinyl wall quote hung that I had made for the playroom.  It is 4 ft wide and I love it!

I tried to get in on the costume action and JA snapped this pic of me as proof (it was the only pic he took that actually had my head in the pic.....ha)

My sweet friend LF let us borrow her dragon costumes for the boys.  JA loves any excuse for showing us his ROARs all day long.
 The sick baby dragon was so not impressed and had one rough day.  This pic pretty much sums it up.


We typically have a bit of a halloween party but with everyone going in different directions and it being a school night we had a much quieter evening which was perfect.  We had "mummy dogs" for dinner and a jack-o-lantern veggie plate.  "Grandma Good Witch" made an appearance along with Grandpa and my nephew.
 We lucked out with some pretty sweet weather (for this part of the world).  It was crazy windy to start with but died down quickly. 

The street we live on is still half under construction and we barely got a handful of trick or treaters but the street we live off of was packed.  Every house on the street is full of charm and they are located so close to each other (this is the street my parents are building on).  Anyway, it was seriously like trick or treating on a magical street.  Everyone went all out to make it so fun.  It felt like we were walking down the scene from a movie.  I loved the atmosphere and sense of community.  We LOVE our new neighborhood.


 I headed out with JA and AL and our company.  JA was more then done about half way so I carried him home and T met up with them.  The kids were way too spoiled.
 When I walked in the door I was greeted by this happy dragon, it only lasted for a few mins but it was so sweet to see.
I hope you all had a happy halloween full of magical memories!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty great Halloween! Hope you all stay feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun!!!!!!!!! I love Miss A's genie talents. :)

    ReplyDelete