Hmmmmm my pics just loaded in random order.....joys of blogger. November brought snow but it didn't last for too long. Just long enough to figure out the bext mode of transportation to and from school. Not quite two weeks ago though, winter came back and hard. Tons and tons of snow.
We live a few houses away from the school field and have thus far enjoyed a quick walk to and from school (may)be 3mins each way. Snow however slowed us down. Throw in some -30 C windchills and snow blown paths and the trek was long.
T and I went out one sunday evening after a weekend of fresh snow and dragged the three kids on sleds back and forth across the field in an attempt to make a path. It helped the next morning but the wind had blown lots back. To say that I have been getting a workout is an understatement! The next night after similar conditions I took a shovel and dug a path across the field..........woah! (worth it though)
Weston is happy as a clam in his sled on the cold days, best $30 spent.
Fortunately the super cold temps didn't last long at all and we have had more days of loving the snow. In fact (knock on wood) we have a sweet hard packed trail across the field that makes for great travels again.
A few days ago we discovered a snow fort and stopped and played with friends after school.
Yesterday the air was thick with fog and as I drove by the lake it was lifting and looked so beautiful I had to stop and take a pic.
Thank you City for providing us with a sweet snow pile in the cul de sac ;)
Every once in a while Al attempts to pull a sled and give me a break, what a sweet girl.
WR loves being out when the kids play. As long as he has a shovel in hand he is a happy boy!
Some days I feel like I have a little child labor team as they excitedly shovel the driveway (too bad they don't do a good job......lol)
The girls think their sledding "hill" is pretty great ;)
I must admit that I have had a few moments of wanting to collapse as I pull sleds through deep untouched snow to school BUT overall I absolutely love that we are forced to suit up and head out in the snow. So much nicer to embrace winter and not hibernate. I especially love the visits with neighbors as we walk and how much fun the kids have.
PS I have the sweetest neighbor who has pulled JA's sled home (taking her out of her way) for me on more then one occassion after we drop kids off in the morning, leaving me to just pull WR.........now if that isn't kindness I don't know what is!










Holy Fun in the snow. Sheesh! Love the snow pile.
ReplyDelete