Thursday, November 28, 2013

Halls have been decked!

 
Typically I am completely against decorating for Christmas until at least December and honestly I would push it further if I could get away with it.....ha!  In my old age I find myself getting crazier and seriously feel like my Christmas decor is suffocating me by the end of the month (hence taking it down Dec.26).  Don't judge me ;)  This year however I changed my tune big time, pretty sure all the snow is to blame.  We'll see how crazy I get before it is all said and done!
 
I went to my friend's Redone for Fun craft sale and snagged this adorable chalk board for the kitchen and a few other decorations that got me in the spirit real fast.  I tried my hand at some chalk art but it wasn't long before my snowman was wearing underpants (thanks to a certain artist in resident) and the bottom board was rubbed off (thanks for a wild man). It now has a new image up top and an empty bottom and I love it.  Sorry for the bad pic.
 
When we moved last spring we finally said goodbye to our old Christmas tree.  We had been wanting to replace it for years and figured if we didn't move it with us we would have to actually bite the bullet and do it.  I found this 9ft beauty with 1000 lights that caught my eye.  After a few weeks of searching this favorite tree of mine finally went on sale :)  It touches the roof and the star is literally squeezed in there.  Totally excessive on the size but I LOVE it.  I think it reminds me of the huge trees we had growing up.  I decided to save my sanity and leave the majority of the bottom of the tree empty.......so much easier then getting after WR all day long (there is a dozen sturdy ornaments within his reach that he is welcome to touch)
                       Hanging the star is Al's favorite thing to do this year (even Daddy had to stand on a chair)
For the first time I have a banister to decorate and have had so much fun with it.  I'm looking forward to hitting a few boxing day sales to get more garlands to decorate the rest of the railings next year!
We put out our basket of Christmas books by the tree.  I love seeing how excited the kids are to read old favorites they haven't seen since last year.
This past Monday for FHE we wrote letters to Santa.  The kids love the Sears Wish book and set to work cutting out pics to glue on their letters.

We all bundled up and walked the letters down to the mail box.

Can't wait to see how excited they are when they get a letter back in the mail from the North Pole!

I can't wait for all the magical moments that will surely come this next month.  This is really such a fun age and a special time of year.

1 comment:

  1. "Snow" fun! Har. Har. I love all the magicalness of this post. Where do you send your Santa Letters? Maybe I should find out if there's a local thing here.

    ReplyDelete